Neowin on Gizmodo.com

http://i.gizmodo.com/5157977/windows-7-rel...ased-april-10th

Neowin is reporting a date of April 10th for the release of Windows 7 RC, the next important version of the OS. Microsoft confirmed that beta users won't receive the RC before the general public.

Not all that much is known about the next release: it was rumored to be in April, but it's unclear how Neowin came by this particular date. Steven Sinofsky, Senior Vice President of Windows, noted that there will be a broad release, meaning us guinea pigs won't get any bonuses for putting in beta time with 7.

Engadget cites Ars Technica as source, not Neowin.

It cites both, really; when you click on the screenshot or click "READ", it goes to our Neowin article :)

Edited by CalumJR

Engadget cites Ars Technica as source, not Neowin.
It cites both, really; when you click on the screenshot or click "READ", it goes to our Neowin article :)

They do that in a really stupid way, the people who actually got the information get no name drop, but the ones who linked to us do? Go figure.

I'm glad to see us on both sites, even though I really don't like either one all that much.

They do that in a really stupid way, the people who actually got the information get no name drop, but the ones who linked to us do?

I couldn't agree more! I'm disappointed in Engadget, especially as they referred to us as "The lovely people at Neowin", before :D

It was a brilliant exclusive scoop which Sean got, so it's a shame Neowin didn't get the credit it deserved.

Edited by CalumJR