YES! Just won a Tokina 300mm F/2.8

$1400 or so arent they?

I've seen them privately sold for around $1200ish

Holy **** u are rich

Not really. I work a lot. Its a hobby, and I make money off of it. I really have been eyeing a 300mm 2.8 lens for awhile, for football, soccer and baseball.

70-200 + teleconverter needs to be stopped down to 5.6 to become sharp again

it has a huge lens hood on it

here it is without the hood

169_2.jpg

I've seen them privately sold for around $1200ish

Not really. I work a lot. Its a hobby, and I make money off of it. I really have been eyeing a 300mm 2.8 lens for awhile, for football, soccer and baseball.

70-200 + teleconverter needs to be stopped down to 5.6 to become sharp again

i assume you use typo tracker?

Holy **** u are rich

wow seriously?

The 40D, which he has, was $1500. The 70-200 f2.8 IS, which he has, is around $1500. Both are way more than the $900 tokina lens he just got.

My D90 kit? $1300.

It's what photography costs. It's our hobby and our passion. I don't own any video games that were made passed the year 2000. Nor DVDs. Nor CDs. It's what we choose to spend our money on.

Edited by crazzy88ss

:no:

Wow - you really need to get out of that fishbowl youre in

ON TOPIC:

Nice score !

Man I love eBay !

dude like most people i just started working and earn 60K a year and married. I cant afford more than 200$ a year right now for lenses

wow seriously?

The 40D, which he has, was $1500. The 70-200 f2.8 IS, which he has, is around $1500. Both are way more than the $900 tokina lens he just got.

My D90 kit? $1300.

It's what photography costs. It's our hobby and our passion. I don't own any video games that were made passed the year 2000. Nor DVDs. Nor CDs. It's what we choose to spend our money on.

haha not quite.

I got the 40D body for $790. I don't have the IS version (I wish) which and that lens cost me $825.

I don't go out a ton and spend money (heck, tonight was the first time I went out and actually spent money in probably 6 months).

mm should be an ok lens, might be a bit slow for sports though.
slow as in focus or slow as in aperture?

I'm by no means a pro but I consider f2.8 to be quite fast for a 300mm lens...

Holy **** u are rich
dude like most people i just started working and earn 60K a year and married. I cant afford more than 200$ a year right now for lenses

It's all relative, like has already been mentioned. If you cut back on other things you can afford to spend more on stuff like that, if you choose to. For people who have a passion for photography and can make money on it, it's all worth it.

If you're a pro, spending $800 on a piece of equipment (which is really just a tool) you can eventually make back in one shoot, is a pretty good deal. I look at people with Nikon D3X's and Canon 5DII's and think they're out of their mind, then I realize, the majority of people who buy those cameras are going to see a return on that investment in a short period of time.

Congratulations on your purchase. I sold all my camera gear for $2140. I plan on buying new gear in December.

Congratulations on your purchase. I sold all my camera gear for $2140. I plan on buying new gear in December.

Why?

Why?

Financial reasons mostly. I didn't have much free time because of school. My gear was just sitting in my room collecting dust. I figured I'd sell it all to help out with my family. :(

Brandon: Show us what that baby can do! :laugh: