Windows 2000 VS Windows XP

... win2k isnt better for networking imo. I think XP (Pro) is lacking in maybe one or two small features. XP seems to connect to my other win2k machine better than when I had 2 win2k machines.

I like 2k a lot more, XP is decent, but it is bloated and just has to much crap that I dont want on my computer making it slower and sucking up ram :p

Well why dont you disable unwanted services and tweak the system up?

Upon installatiion, XP is bloated, upon tweak, its a sleek, fast rocket.

:ninja:

since that patch for XP systems came out, it messed up computers.

so you're telling him he shouldn't use xp because of one bad patch??? :huh:

i think you need to suggest a less drastic solution, lol :p

My take: If you've been using both off and on for 6 months and you still don't know which is better for you then you should switch to a Mac. You obviously do not have the mentality to make decisions based on your own experiences.

My take: If you've been using both off and on for 6 months and you still don't know which is better for you then you should switch to a Mac. You obviously do not have the mentality to make decisions based on your own experiences.

LOL:D interpreted: You are stupid, you can't handle using XP or 2K. Use a freakin Mac.... :trout:

hahaha.

I like 2k a lot more, XP is decent, but it is bloated and just has to much crap that I dont want on my computer making it slower and sucking up ram :p

Yep it does, and XP was a rushed project, I am suprised it came out as well as it did :wacko:

I use 2k on my laptop, and it works great :p

that is so damn true. XP is much more visually pleasing, but if you're into serious work, cut the unnesscessary crap out and work with a minimalistic layout.

no wonder my company uses 2000. :crazy:

but if you're like me and only use 1/3 of his total RAM, then XP has no negative sides. :)

i've used both... was trying 2k for a month..i missed all the little things xp had to offer, driver support, just how damn easy it was to install new hardware, all those nifty little shortcuts and ofc the visual styles.. im an xp pro dude all the way... 2k i'd reccommend to anyone with less ram or slower pc... but xp = better if ur pc handle's it fine

my pc = 769mb ram (games etc run much better than with 256) 1.4 gig athlon blah blah blah ;)

that is so damn true. XP is much more visually pleasing, but if you're into serious work, cut the unnesscessary crap out and work with a minimalistic layout.

no wonder my company uses 2000. :crazy:

but if you're like me and only use 1/3 of his total RAM, then XP has no negative sides. :)

Yep :p

For some people XP is worth having your computer run slower, for some it isnt, but even if you have dual Athlon XP 3000+'s and 2gb of ram, 2k wouls still be faster then XP, mabey not much, but still some :p

I know all about windows XP, and used it for about 1 1/2 years befor I tried 2k again with the newest SP4, and love its speed and stabibility (it is at least as stable as xp/2003) :p

i'd use 2000 if it had fast user switch....but since it doesn't i go with XP. i just wish they gave you an option to unistall movie maker and media player 8 :(

XP > 2000 && 2003

Looks prettier, has all the options, and has a much wider array of support for common programs and devices. Granted i only used 2003 RC2 cause it came with my office 2003 beta 2 kit, but from what i saw in RC2, all i got was blue screens and slow downs. 2003 is xp without the luna styling. and xp is 200 with prettiness and more functionality and support added.

oh and btw, about the xp being bloated, its called add/remove componants at install(or in control panel after install). You dont have to install every little thing.

XP > 2000 && 2003

Looks prettier, has all the options, and has a much wider array of support for common programs and devices. Granted i only used 2003 RC2 cause it came with my office 2003 beta 2 kit, but from what i saw in RC2, all i got was blue screens and slow downs. 2003 is xp without the luna styling. and xp is 200 with prettiness and more functionality and support added.

oh and btw, about the xp being bloated, its called add/remove componants at install(or in control panel after install). You dont have to install every little thing.

Have you actually explored Win.net? Cause you would know that it has the luna style as well. You actually have to install the service and load it. Win.net is not a desktop OS. Like XP and 2K are.

But you are right. XP is 2K with a lot more of everything good. And you can remove the unneeded stuff for better performance. XP is the way to go. :D

No eXPeriences with 2000 but i think it runs faster than win xp if u dont have the requirements i got a p3 800mhz wit 128mb and i think i be alot better with 2000. Im getting the CD to try it out.....

XP > 2000 && 2003

Have you actually explored Win.net? Cause you would know that it has the luna style as well. You actually have to install the service and load it. Win.net is not a desktop OS. Like XP and 2K are.

But you are right. XP is 2K with a lot more of everything good. And you can remove the unneeded stuff for better performance. XP is the way to go. :D

yes i have used it and in display properties there was only Classic style in teh drop down for me

a few days ago i would've said 2000. but after seeing how much better it performs on my 300mhz laptop than win2k, it's XP hands down. plus the eyecandy in XP is > all

Ive seen posts like this a million and one times. hehe :laugh: maybe someone should make a guide. Go for XP if you have the choice to. Keep with the cool people lol :cool: