March 2009, Digital Gallery

Nice, but there's no way I'd pay $3000 for a camera unless I made a living from it.

3K is relative right? A lot for you, maybe not for me....besides, the cost is in lenses not bodies. :whistle:

I just got my first DSLR two weeks ago and today I went on a field trip with my girlfriend (who brought her medium format):

Went on a field trip with the gf to the fire station's training center and some new commercial buildings:

3320780301_31aa3b0483_b.jpg

3321610048_14597e65bf_b.jpg

3321608430_3a3fb2883e_b.jpg

3320777455_55c58d9b6c_b.jpg

3320775943_56590b5d52_b.jpg

3320773237_e1b1f85171_b.jpg

3320771845_32224cce3f_b.jpg

3321600404_ce11995dbe_b.jpg

Yeah. I'm amazed when my girlfriend lets me take pictures :p

haha glad I do'nt have it that bad.

My GF actually scheduled a "photo day" for us today. But it rained. So it ended up being us walking around an indoor/outdoor mall w/ me taking the occasional picture while she kept my back up body (D50) in her purse lol.

I might slyly encourage her to get interested in photography, like whisper 'I want to do photography' in her ear while she's asleep.

Sorry, meant to say Large format. I took 200+ pics while she set up and took 3 (one of them with a 3 min exposure).

haha glad I do'nt have it that bad.

My GF actually scheduled a "photo day" for us today. But it rained. So it ended up being us walking around an indoor/outdoor mall w/ me taking the occasional picture while she kept my back up body (D50) in her purse lol.

I tagged along with my GF since she's in photography and it's just a hobby for me. Girlfriend in arts = awesome.

So my camera finally came in today! It's a Nikon D60. Here are the first photographs I've ever taken with a DSLR. :blush:

Any good photography websites that I can learn how to shoot and use the camera?

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

I feel DPS is now useless :/

Their forums are fine, but the blog is designed for extreme beginners.

Yeah I know what you mean..... I went there a lot when I was first starting out. Nowadays, it's meh.

Yea I wrote about how I felt in their GD forum. I had quite a few of agreeing responses. Not one administrator commented. I dunno if they care or not *shrug*

So my camera finally came in today! It's a Nikon D60. Here are the first photographs I've ever taken with a DSLR. :blush:

Any good photography websites that I can learn how to shoot and use the camera?

The depth of field on the last one is really cool. Nice job.

Do you have a flickr page yet? That's a good way to get feedback and ideas.