Video editing programs letting you create .m2ts files with VC-1 video

I?m a Windows 7 beta tester, and if you?re not a beta tester as well, I?ll just let you know that they get so many feedback requests that if you have sample images or videos to backup and support your feedback reports for bugs and suggestions, they get a lot more attention.

Anyway, it wasn?t until recently that I got a Blu Ray burner, and if you didn?t already know, Windows 7 has native support for .m2ts files used in Blu Ray movie discs as well as the videos that many video cameras generate.

However, the one problem is that Windows 7 support is limited to H.264/Standard MPEG-4 ISO support, and it will not playback .m2ts files that have VC-1 video streams instead.

So, I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any good Blu Ray DVD movie creation/editing programs and/or camcorder creation/editing programs that allow you to create .m2ts files and choose your video stream and codec. I?d like to take a home movie I?ve got, make a VC-1 .m2ts file as an example for Microsoft, and upload it with a feedback report about this issue with Windows 7 not supporting VC-1 .m2ts files, so if anyone knows any great video creation/editing programs that let you create/edit .m2ts files and choose the codec, please let me know.

Also, any ?alternative? methods you?ve got for taking a home video and generating a VC-1 .m2ts file would also be just as great... I just want an example to upload to MS about this bug. Thanks!

Edited by Justin03248