'Vimax Make It Bigger' No I Don't think so :(

What's up with these adverts, it's pretty embarassing when I'm browsing neowin and family members, including younger siblings, see a half naked man looking down at his crotch or images of girls being shocked by what vimax can do to crotch sizes.

Are these adverts going to be a permanent solution to neowin ad revenue or is it a one off?

Why is it embarrasing ? they're just adverts, and even so they aren't showing anything. you're probably the only one around your computer that thinks it's embarrasing as well.

Whoa! dude easy now. There's only one reason I think that you're defending it. Anyway mate the site is becoming like those you find on the torrent sites, where you'd expect stuff like this and wouldn't mind it at all. But since this is a tech site I would assume most of the advertiser would target selling tech stuff and not pharmaceuticals.

easy ? I wasn't attacking or anything, I was merely asking a question and trying to tell you that perhaps it's not nearly as "embarrassing" as you think it is.

oh and what would that "reason" be ? please entertain me.

And they're also not nearly as bad as what you get on torrent sites and the like as you call them. and as I said, they're just ads. you see worse ads out on the streets and in shop windows every day. Not to mention tv.

OK let's just put the attacking to side and have a civilised discussion.

One of my PC's is in the family room, and when I'm browsing neowin and the room's full of family members I'd find it awkward explaing to them why and what's on the screen. I think it's more of a cultural thing then anything else.

I'd think that the Vimax ad was a slip-up on behalf of the advertiser and is beyond Neowin's control.

Let's wait for what the powers that be have to say about the issue.

It's likely a regional thing as I haven't seen those ads.

Please take a screenshot and PM it to a Supervisor and then we'll decide whether or not to take it up with our advertising provider.

Generally, we are only interested in PG13-style ads that do not contain pop-out-flash-type ads.

Hehehe the other days I saw an ad here on Neowin about gayChubbydating or something like that LOL :laugh: :laugh: WTF? :blink: :blink:

If you see disruptive or inappropriate ads on the site, please screenshot them and contact an admin/editor/super/dev and we'll make sure it's taken care of. We out-source our ad provider, and we're in constant contact with them in terms of what we want and don't want.

Penis enlargement ads are not something we want. If anything, it reduces our revenues because we all know no one around here would need anything like that! :laugh:

Surprise her with a bigger penis? Hahahaha! That one made me laugh out loud in real life. I'd hate to explain that one to my dad if he happens to read it.

[scream painting]omg my widoze has the spywares[/scream painting]

Unfortunately my Windows Seven installation has caught spyware, this spyware changes the users' DNS server to block sites, such as popular antivirus site and msn.com, and also redirect ads to display the vimax ad.

First time ever I have let spyware in, but then again I was arrogant and didn't install any antivirus or anti malware software (apart from windows defender(how good was that)).

Running antivirus and antimalware as I type this message..

If you guys aren't seeing it maybe I have spyware or of somesort.

While that is a possibility, what I was getting at was that they may have paid Google (or whomever does our front page ads) to get spots for U.K. customers only. Sometimes offending ads affect only one region of the world. We've had other spots that were Australia-only.