Knowing (2009)

I thought the ~20 minutes or so leading up to that part was actually worse. It looked fake, sure, but it looked interesting. The ~20 minutes leading to that part just made the plot stupid.

I just got done watching this movie. Was really crazy. Especially the effects, and the train crash, and people splattering on the window. AH!

I don't see why some people didn't enjoy the movie. i was in suspense, and all that good stuff throughout the movie, even loved the ending.

Ha, as soon as i got done watching it, i had to bing it to see if something like that could really happen.

Don't know why people say it looked fake. i admit that The space ship things were kinda weird, but the graphics overall were pretty good with the plane crash,. train wreck, and then the scorching earth at the end. I watched on hi res 1080p and loooked REAAAAAAllly good.

It's weird because me thinking this was such a good movie, and i hadnt even heard about it til after it was released on DVD. lol

When the airplane parts were on fire, was I the only one that noticed there were no charred marks, you know, that is usually associated with fire? Really hot jet fuel fire? ... They messed up the CG a lot.

I've never seen a thread that look like a confidential document released by the government.

From what I see in the trailer it looks like a good movie, but I would prefer if it weren't Nicholas Cage. I'm not a fan of him. I find him somewhat annoying.

1/10

The 1 was for the opening scene, the only good bit. The rest of the movie was pretty bad, bad script. Rose's character was stupid & unbelievable, the aliens were dumb and the whole movie just generally sucked. I can't believe some people rated it so highly, but each to their won :)

Just watched this today and I enjoyed it for the most part. But any similarities to Revelation or it being a Biblical story are far beyond me other than the alien things having wings. If they had been the four horseman, where were the plagues, and Revelation makes no allusions to saving a handful of people (there were many of the pod/ship things leaving earth so that kills the adam/eve theory) to restart the race. Overall it was good, but what significance were the black stones supposed to have?

I was also wondering what the black stones were about as well, I'd guess they were brought by the aliens b/c when the ships left some of the stones raised, as well as the aliens giving the kid a stone in his garden as well.

Overall I thought it was a pretty good film, especially the special effects with the crashes but the ending ruined it for me.

I watched this movie last week. I actually enjoyed the movie, which was surprising, because I don't really like Cage, he gets on my nerves.

I had never read anything about this film and had only seen the first ever released trailer, so I wasn't sure what to expect really.

The ending was rather surprising for me and to be really honest, it was a bit stupid :p the last 10-20 minutes of the movie kind of sucked a bit.

Apart from that I enjoyed watching it :) especially with 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound hehe :D

The ending was extremely cheasy and ruined the movie. The special effects were top notch, the scene when the airplane crashed into the ground had me pushed into my seat, it was one of the best CG scenes I've ever seen. The movie has so much suspense, overrall a pretty good storyline.

I'd give it a 7.5/10. Still a movie worth watching.

• 2 weeks later...

transformers and now this...with the ****ed up ending seriously.....man...it was decent for the most part...if id stopped the movie at around the car crash.... then itd be a 7/10 but after the ending porbably a 3.5/10....

I was actually really enjoying the movie up until I realised they were Aliens. Aliens were creating a "Noah's Ark" out of us before we all die. ok idea shown badly

I thought it was fairly good. It just kept getting weirder and weirder. Was better than 2 others I watched last weekend, which was Push and Street Fighter : Legend of Chun Li. I'll probably buy this for 5$ at blockbuster when it goes that low.

Only thing stopping this garbage from going straight to the DVD bin is N. Cage.

+1

The movie was poorly written and acted. I usually love what Alex Proyas does, but this one sucked. The violence in it was just gratuitous.

I thought it was fairly good. It just kept getting weirder and weirder. Was better than 2 others I watched last weekend, which was Push and Street Fighter : Legend of Chun Li. I'll probably buy this for 5$ at blockbuster when it goes that low.

lolz I actually didn't mind Street Fighter and I liked Push (I maybe the only one thought! :p)

In reality, Underground caves won't save us for real?

My biggest pet reeve with these kind of movies is that these people never share these secrets with the Government.

Edited by JediXAngel

• 2 weeks later...

Saw it last night for the first time. I'll agree with the lot of you. Good movie until the last 20-30 minutes. Anyone who leaves their kids in the car that much is just asking them to be taken away.

How are these kids going to survive alone?

Also, I don't think the world would be destroyed. What about the half of the planet that was on the other side in the darkness?

The movie doesn't make sense.

Seems like they had an idea about numbers and stuff but instead of elaborating it into something interesting just threw in a cheap plot which screwed it all.

To begin with once you get to know that the whisperers are aliens, all the whispering stuff and the numbers become retarded. There's absolutely nothing humans could do with the numbers, as they all would die anyway. As someone said before they could have just beamed up the kids, but then you wouldn't have a plot for a movie.

So that's it: everything is a poor excuse to give some suspense before the ending.

And a crappy ending at that: they move two kids to a new planet. OK, now what? Generations of inbreed and retarded offspring?

Way to go about saving humans :rolleyes: at least they can have rabbit for dinner (raw, I guess).

The stones? Another bogus stunt to try adding meat to the movie, along with the whispers.

Also the aliens stalking both families... more crap just for the thrill.

Decent CGI and what not, but the story is retarded.

3/10.

Yeah I found the movie alright but as soon as the whole aliens crap came in it utterly ruins the whole movie, has to be one of the worst twists I have ever seen.

@ichi: It was not just TWO kids there were many, many more! The story was focusing on those particular people and not all the others!

The whisper people leave Earth on their ship, a massive structure resembling Ezekiel's Wheel, as other ships also depart Earth. As anarchy reigns in New York City and Boston John arrives to be with his parents and sister just as the solar flare strikes Earth and incinerates all life on the planet. Caleb and Abby are dropped off on an Earth-like planet with at least two moons as the other ships drop off their passengers. The movie ends as the two children, dressed in white, run toward a large white tree, possibly being the fabled Tree of Life.

The movie was OK. I love science fiction and fantasy and tend to be forgiving as regards plots and endings!