Preview UPEK biometric software for Windows 7 (64-Bit)

Hi I'm sure there are users here that use 64-Bit and the universal fingerprint brand software from Upex-

Preview UPEK biometric software for Windows 7 - Protector Suite 2009 (64bit version)

It had worked on all previous torrent release builds of Win7-64. But now when you try to enroll any finger by clicking on it, it freezes and doesn't bring up the registration screen for your fingerprints. Is this a problem only I'm having? I already sent feedback to UPEK about it. That it just doesn't work on the latest build 7068 of Windows 7.

If you can get it to work, let me know. Is this just my own local problem, or can other people install it. I'm trying to get the "Suite" full software to work and enroll my fingers, that was updated in late January 2009.

http://www.upek.com/support/downloads/windows7/w7x64.asp

Preview UPEK biometric software for Windows 7 - Protector Suite 2009 (64bit version)

Supports both the basic Microsoft-provided features (Windows Logon and UAC support) and additional biometric features: Fast User Switching support, Password Bank, Application Launcher and File Safe. Contains device drivers, WBF adapter, and the full Protector Suite 2009 for Windows 7.

Release date: 1/29/2009

Revision: Preview

Build: 5012

Filename: W7PS2009Build5012-64bit.zip

File size: 33772583 bytes

Platform(s): Windows 7

Target hardware: USB Readers > Fingerprint Readers > TCRZ, EIKON TCD50 TCS4CB

Embedded Systems > Chipset > TCS3-TCD41, TCS3-TCD42, TCS5-TCD50D, TCS4-TCD50

Release note: FIX: Solution for error: WinBioEnrollCapture 8009800F (Fixed support for TCD41 chipset)

FIX: Sensor temperature increase fixed

FIX: Removed "Too skewed" feedback during random sensor touch

REGISTER & DOWNLOAD

I tried to export Protector Suite QL data on build 7000 and then import this on 7068 but nothing is happend :(

Broken for me too, when it worked in 7000. The Biometrics control panel and built in features are brand new to Windows 7 so I imagine the driver interfaces are changing rapidly, UPEK has decided to wait until the next milestone to update their driver. As one of the major biometric hardware manufacturers I'm sure they have a build now that works, they just haven't released it.

Your guess is absolutely right. My sensor stopped workin' after 7048, I placed some feedback regarding this and after three days I got a letter from their developer with a new enroll.exe, that's working ever since. So do not hesitate to send your feedback on the download page, they might already have a solution in stock

If you use the old copy, navigate to C:\Program Files\Protector Suite\enroll.exe and set it to run as administrator for all users. Then it should work

I found this in another forum:

"Once software is installed, go to device manager, right click on the UPEK reader, go to the power management tab, and uncheck the option for Windows to allow this device to save power or go to sleep. Reboot."

Also did what +Ames said and know my fingerprint reader works in Windows 7 x64 7068, Dell M1530