April 2009, Digital Gallery

It's the Millenium Bridge, in Newcastle Upon Tyne :) every night they change the light sequences. I took those pictures on Monday night and the light colours were all the same, however last night when I was out on the quay side, they were all multicolored (sot he birdge had more than one colour lighting it up... if that makes sense!). So it varies, they also raise the bridge at 7PM every few days. It's quite a facinating structure :p also the first high-rise building to the right of it is the Baltic Mill a massive art gallery where they always have pretty intresting exhibitions! Further to the right of that where you see the building with the starred light, is a Royal Navy Reserve centre called HMS Calliope :)

And to the left of it but not in the picture is a hotel called Malmaison, which is a pretty interesting chain of hotels that seem to go against the norm of most hotels. Pretty interesting city :)

3482128922_45ae3131d9.jpg

Just upgraded from the craptastic L10 to my D50... Just messing about for now... I really hate editing my pics with software afterward, but I suck at photography and there is always something wrong with my pics, most of the time too 'faded' or something. Will just mess about until I find something that works.

lighting set up on the first one, moonman?

u can tell from the catch light that the light is on camera right. triggered by su-800, nikon stock diffuser on. power dialed down probably.

Last weekend i went to a dutch fantasy event (Elf Fantasy Fair) and made a couple photo's

3477304531_8f1512a401.jpg

3477336325_f56d4b7a4f.jpg

3477268731_e957aaf5ca.jpg

The full set can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bvz/sets/72157617267218523/

Shame the photos are all portraits. Would have been much better if you showed some of the costumes people are wearing. Since that's what the event is all about, aside makeup.