.NET Framework 4.0 included in Windows 7 RTM?

Does anybody know about it or have any proper source of info ?I think Microsoft had announced about the .NET Framework 4.0 in September 2008 but never said if it has plans to include it in Windows 7

Any builds so far have been shipped with 3.5 SP1, so I would be surprised if 4.0 shipped with the rtm version.

Thats very unfortunate. Now if you develop applications for .NET 4.0, it will require .NET framework update on even latest version of windows.

.NET framework 4.0 could have been finalized inline with windows 7. .NET framework is only the runtime part, and this API and runtime could have been finalized irrespective of Visual Studio 2010. Developer tools are large codebase and therefore take longer to build.

In my opinion it should have been like this:

.NET Framework 4.0 Final (API + Runtime) = Mid 2009

Visual Studio 2010 IDE and other developer tools, Final = Early 2010

Thats very unfortunate. Now if you develop applications for .NET 4.0, it will require .NET framework update on even latest version of windows.

Why would you want to develop applications for .net 4.0 now already?

I have bee testing .NET 4 with Visual Studio 2010 and let me tell you that it's the MOST amazing framework for Windows.

Visual Studio 2010 with .NET 4 has a lot of new events for example: Tap, double Tap, 2-way Tap, Multi-way Tap. .NET is ready for multitouch coding :)

I'm so so so so happy!

I have bee testing .NET 4 with Visual Studio 2010 and let me tell you that it's the MOST amazing framework for Windows.

Visual Studio 2010 with .NET 4 has a lot of new events for example: Tap, double Tap, 2-way Tap, Multi-way Tap. .NET is ready for multitouch coding :)

I'm so so so so happy!

I tried to get the 2010 CTP, any idea why they still offer a download that says wont run after jan 2009?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

I tried to get the 2010 CTP, any idea why they still offer a download that says wont run after jan 2009?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

The download page says:

After January 1 2009, the Visual Studio software on the Virtual PC will expire. Please see the Related Resources section below for further information.

Seems that Microsoft had a one night stand with that beta. It's weird that there is no update though.

Do you guys know if you can install .NET 1.1 SP1 on Windows 7? I have some programs that are built on .NET 1.1 and I still want to use them on Windows 7 when it goes RTM.