Ergotron MX LCD desk arm mini review

Finally one that can handle the weight of my 24" screen which is aluminium all over so quite how it weighs 11KG I don't know!

pc_ergotron_unboxed.jpg

The height is perfectly fine as well which is a bonus for me, the main thing was reach and movement which it does perfectly, can watch from the armchair or from bed no problems. So impressed in fact I'm going to get a wallmount Ergotron for the 32" Samsung in the games room.

Pics:

lowest:

pc_ergotron_height_lowest.jpg

highest:

pc_ergotron_height_highest.jpg

portrait:

pc_ergotron_portrait.jpg

arm extended:

pc_ergotron_side_open.jpg

arm retracted:

pc_ergotron_side_closed.jpg

good for keeping the probe on while calibrating too :D

pc_ergotron_calibration.jpg

base:

pc_ergotron_base.jpg

Thinking back to when I had the LX, I don't think you will get much height adjustment on any arm really with a 24" screen due to them being so big - you'd need an arm with an extra long...arm and the cost would be beyond ?100 I'd imagine too.

Nice review (Y)

I wish I could get some arms for my screens, but I haven't been able to find articulating ones for my 30" that aren't too terribly expensive. :/

Edit: Kind of OT, but what brand of calibrator is that?

That's the problem I had for the 24" ! the cheap ones were weak and supported screens that were way below 24" and the ones that were 24" capable 11KG+ were too expensive, in the end I said sod it and got the Ergotron :p

Wow looks nice!... Im definitely getting one of those... Can you take a picture from the front, with the screen in normal position?

Like this?

IMG_5275.jpg

Looks great, I wish I had one of those, would be perfect when I need to extend the screen while i kick back on my bed.

Cheers,

Great review and great pictures.

measure what :?

I don't know how big your monitor is but all you have to do do is take the excess of 27.5" and divide that by half to test for portrait mode.

For example, your monitor is 22" wide and my monitor is 27.5" wide. 27.5" - (minus) 22" = 5.5/(divided)2= 2.75"

Now turn your monitor in portrait mode and add 2.75" to the bottom of the monitor to see if it will touch your desk.

I hope I didn't confuse you :)