Ergotron MX LCD desk arm mini review

Not sure if you saw my question I asked at the end of my last post, so I'll quote it here since I'm still looking for a calibrator:

Edit: Kind of OT, but what brand of calibrator is that?

I did indeed miss that!

Probe is i1Display2 a (same probe used by Lacie in their Lacie Blue Eye Pro package) - I'm using the Lacie blue eye pro software which I got from a contact as this is the best calibration software.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to post and say thanks for the review here MRK. I've ordered 3 of these from here today for my monitors based on your reviews and images. I was unable to find an arm anywhere that even came close to rivalling the Ergotrons aesthetics. (Y)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really like the review, my desk is built in, is there an effective solution to mount these, or is there another product appropriate for my situation?

• 5 weeks later...
I would think so, seeing that it says it can handle up to 30" screens.

Another question, does anyone know any good retailer of these in Australia??:pp

I know it say's it can handle up to 30" screens. I was talking about is the moniter compatable? Does it need to be screwed in to the moniter? Cause if the moniter was wall mountable it would have the fixtures for the arm but what if its not wall mountable? Was just wondering cause I don't see it mentioned here.:pp

I know it say's it can handle up to 30" screens. I was talking about is the moniter compatable? Does it need to be screwed in to the moniter? Cause if the moniter was wall mountable it would have the fixtures for the arm but what if its not wall mountable? Was just wondering cause I don't see it mentioned here. :p

Your Monitor will need 80x80 or 100x100 VESA Mount on the back of it. It basically looks like 4 holes. If it doesn't have that then you cannot use this Arm without some kind of adapter (And I do not know where you would get one).

Thought I'd add I took some pics of mine when they came I posted them in the Workstation thread but thought I'd copy them here:

Desk-Arm-1.jpg

Desk-Arm-2.jpg

I have three of them attached to a 20" Dell a 30" Dell and another 20" Dell on one Desk.

Workstation.jpg

I did get around to hiding the cables from underneath the monitors but it was kinda difficult as the connectors for the cables in the monitors were really low down.

The arms are simply amazing. Very good craftsmanship. Solid build they feel really exspensive (Although they aren't hardly cheap). All 3 of mine are completely identical. That is to say one isn't better then the other they have the same resistance when moving a monitor and all feel the same when adjusting which I think is important as it shows they can make these consistently, I don't think I would be able to recommend them if one was almost falling apart.

Oh, I didnt think the moniter was a TV, is it? Ehh on another site here it says Flat Panel Mount Interface: 75 x 75 mm and on the Ergotron website for the MX arm it says Mounting Standards: VESA FDMI, MIS-D, 75/100, C (hole pattern = 100 x 100 mm & 75 x 75 mm).

So, this would work out ok then. Ill take a look myself when I go down to the shop to purchase the moniter anyway. :)

No problem. Yeah, I have seen some Samsung TV's with the same stands before also. :p

Yeah, as I said Ill double check the moniter when I go down to the shop to make sure.