7100: Lose Internet Yet?

Its the damn driver from windows update causing this for the wireless adapters. I removed mine and updated the driver with a Vista driver and it stopped. Just wait for a good driver or get another card. I have done this now on 3 diff computers and fixed the error. 2 were drivers, 1 was the usb adapter. Problem can be solved and its your wireless adapter manufacturer that needs to do it. Have a great day.

Ok so... I dunno if this is the case here, but in Vista theer was this problem with internet as well, few ppl had it but it was there... took M$ half a year to figure it out, but they finally did it...

The issue is with value setting in DhcpConnForceBroadcstFlag guid... the value is 0 by default, changing in to 1 fixed my problem in Vista, now i did same in 7 and it appears to have fixed the issue...

this guid is located in HKEYLM\System\current control set\services\tcpip\parameters\interfaces\

I will report if this works later... for now you can try it.. :rolleyes:

running Linksys WUSB54GSC wireless adapter to Linksys WRT100 draft N router, all updated.

You list this (kudos) but I'm amazed at the number of people who will say their wireless is or isn't working without listing what network card (including version and BIOS), router (if any), and network drivers they're using. Granted, I'm an old school guy, but a "bug report" without information isn't a bug report at all -- it's just a complaint. It might be useful for a bit of emotional release if exercise or sex aren't options, but it isn't much good for anything else.

At the very least, people will take your bug reports more seriously if you include details because it shows you aren't a clueless noob who might be screwing up any number of things to create the situation. ("I installed an early beta, installed another beta on top by deleting and changing files until it let me, then got a driver from this other hacker site, but it wouldn't really install, but kinda half installed, or maybe three quarters, but I tried to uninstall and I'm sure at least half was left. But anyway, my wireless is flaky. Win7 sucks!"

I'll be sure to report my experiences in this thread with my Linksys wmp54gs/wrt54gs when I get 7100 installed. I had the problem with 7057, but when I installed 7077, I didn't accept the windows update driver. I haven't really stress tested it, though, as it's on a PC used for HTPC and I don't transfer files for hours at a time on it. I'll copy some 1080p video via wireless network when I install 7100 to see if it's stable here.

Help guys!!!

I switch to Win 7 build 7100 and now my internet is atrociously slow! I did a ping to www.google.com and the average reply is 17 - 19ms!

Usually it will be below 1ms!

I am not using any router or whatsoever and my Ethernet card is Realtek RTL8111C. I tried downloading driver but it doesn't work.

Any help is much appreciated!

I had this issue in a previous build, everytime I started uTorrent my connection would die.

Thankfully it's working for me now, I'm on a Linksys WRT54G V2 with DD-WRT firmware.

Any of you guys losing your connection. Did you get an OPTIONAL update with your windows updates, that was for your network card? If so, decline and hide it. Installing that is what starts it for me. I can do it on demand to lose my connection, lol.

Internet loss bug finally fixed here!

I wanted to post how I finally solved it on my one (of 4) machine that was affected.

It became clear that this was an adapter driver issue as less people reported it in 7100 and various reports said that Internet loss issues were fixed in 7100. I went ahead and swapped my WUSB54GSCv.2 Linksys adapter on the problem p.c. with another WUSB54GSCv.1 Linksys adapter on another p.c. here which was not affected by the problem. Both computers have now been holding their internet signal for 3 days, even under bittorrent stress testing on the problem p.c.

So it must have been the peculiarities of the p.c. interacting with the adapter, as the problem didn't repeat when the two Linksys adapters were switched machines.

Hope this helps if you are having connection problems. Try swapping out your card or adapter just for trial.

Edited by gregrocker

Just wait for a good driver or get another card. I have done this now on 3 diff computers and fixed the error.

Must have missed this post in your trials, lol. Glad you got it solved.

Had this issue a lot less in 7100 than other builds, but it's still happening. I think I got rid of it though last time by installing the Vista-specific wlan drivers for my atheros card instead of using the one that came with 7.

Must have missed this post in your trials, lol. Glad you got it solved.

Thanks, you were right all along about it being the wireless, but I was stuck on it being OS due to the fact that it didn't happen in 7000.

Think I got Linksys support alerted to the coming Win7 tide, too, so hopefully they will get a Win7 driver out. Strange that the older v.1 adapter is the one which solves my problem. But v.2 which was giving me problems doesn't repeat them on another p.c. here, so we're all good Win7 family here.

I'm really not sure I am right, just that I figured out how to keep online. I am happier that you are able to stay online than anything. I had this problem and know how mad I got over it. Matter of fact, I have not even loaded a different driver in 7100, BUT I did catch windows update trying to sneak a Linksys Wireless driver past me as an optional update. Hid that joker, refreshed and voila! Win 7 family indeed. :devil:

I've been having problems with this since build 7000, tried every build between 7000 and 7100 and every one disconnects my internet.

I know it's Windows 7 doing it because I can still connect with my iPhone, Xbox 360 and PS3 while my desktop cannot connect.

Only thing different from most people on this thread is that I have a wired connection between my machine and my router.

It's really starting to drive me nuts having to open safari on my iPhone and reboot my router 1-2 times a day.

Have you tried a Vista driver? I was using an unsigned Vista driver before 7100 to stay online. Just force it to install, or as the above posts suggest, try a diff wireless adapter.

Install manufactuers driver and not driver through windows update, but 7100RC doesn't have that problem, i guess it depends on your supported hardware.

Update: SOLVED - I switched Linksys adapters between v.2 on problem machine and v.1 on another pc that works fine and both have now held internet for 4 days. It must be the peculiarities of driver/adapter interacting with the specific machine.

Thread Closed