NY Police Say Drag Racing Dads Took Kids Along

NEW YORK (AP) -- Two fathers in their 20's have been accused of drag racing on a New York City highway while their very young children sat in the back.

Westchester County police said the Bronx residents were seen weaving their cars through traffic at speeds of up to 80 miles-an-hour on the Bronx River Parkway Wednesday night.

An officer said there were two children in each car ranging in age from an infant to a 6-year-old. Their mothers sat in the front seat.

Police charged the drivers with illegal speed contest, reckless driving and endangering the welfare of a child. They were also issued tickets for speeding, unsafe lane change, following too closely and seat belt violations. Both men were freed on $250 bail.

^^lol your driveway must be quite long or either very steep :p

These people are just idiots, and should have their licenses suspended on top of fines and other charges!

80 miles an hour, that isn't racing. Gotta get above 100, otherwise you're just speeding IMO.

^^lol your driveway must be quite long or either very steep :p

These people are just idiots, and should have their licenses suspended on top of fines and other charges!

I agree, the punishment should be a lot more severe. However larger fine is disadvantageous to family and therefore children, so suspension of licence seems the least. $250? I spent more then that on a meal, seems a small price to pay for unnecessary endangerment of children.

80 miles an hour, that isn't racing. Gotta get above 100, otherwise you're just speeding IMO.

hehehe quoted for teh truth:P

Still wreckless though.

Wait, You people are missing the point did they at least win? :rofl: !

i know right that's cruising on the highway from were i live