Pepsi's new logo, does it have any significance?

Hi All,

I am sure most of you have seen the new Pepsi logo by now:

pepsi_bottles.jpg

I have noticed that the "slopes" on the Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, and Pepsi Max are not the same.

The lines seem to start and end in different points.

Does that have any significance or it is a random change to differentiate the products?

VidER

Hi All,

I have noticed that the "slopes" on the Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, and Pepsi Max are not the same.

The lines seem to start and end in different points.

Does that have any significance or it is a random change to differentiate the products?

VidER

Looks to me like the white stripe on the Diet Pepsi is thinner than regular and the Pepsi Max stripe is thicker, I guess portraying Diet Pepsi as 'lighter' and Pepsi Max as having something extra. :)

I really liked the old one. I think is better than the new logo.

PepsiLogo.jpg

Yeah, as more companies jump on the simplicity bandwagon, they'll soon realize how boring their product looks and will get back to busier designs again :)

I think it's a pretty good re-branding of Pepsi, it's fresh.

Yeah it's the first time I have seen it as well.

Has this design not moved much outside of the US? I have seen this logo for a long while now and I'm surprised at all the responses from those outside the US. I just figured by now they should have started pushing it elsewhere.

Has this design not moved much outside of the US? I have seen this logo for a long while now and I'm surprised at all the responses from those outside the US. I just figured by now they should have started pushing it elsewhere.

I live in the UK and its still the old logo afaik...maybe someone who works in a supermarket can correct me :p

Yeah, as more companies jump on the simplicity bandwagon, they'll soon realize how boring their product looks and will get back to busier designs again :)

Busier is not better.

I live in the UK and its still the old logo afaik...maybe someone who works in a supermarket can correct me :p

Yeah, it's still the old logo. I had a Pepsi today :D

yeah it does

Snipped image

Haha, I've seen that before :p

Ahhh Mountain Dew, my favourite soft drink. Shame you can't seem to get it in the UK any more :(

You have got to be kidding me! So does Pepsi not ship a lot of product to the UK or is it mainly just Pepsi and its variants? I barely ever drink soda/pop but if I do it would be orange something (Sunkist/Mountain Dew Live Wire/etc.) or just a plain Mountain Dew.

You have got to be kidding me! So does Pepsi not ship a lot of product to the UK or is it mainly just Pepsi and its variants? I barely ever drink soda/pop but if I do it would be orange something (Sunkist/Mountain Dew Live Wire/etc.) or just a plain Mountain Dew.

We have pepsi and pepsi max but I am not sure if we have any other kinds.