Pepsi's new logo, does it have any significance?

You have got to be kidding me! So does Pepsi not ship a lot of product to the UK or is it mainly just Pepsi and its variants? I barely ever drink soda/pop but if I do it would be orange something (Sunkist/Mountain Dew Live Wire/etc.) or just a plain Mountain Dew.

No mountain dew here, it's the only fizzy drink I ever have outside of an Irn Bru every now and then.

Which is why when I go to the states in June for 3 weeks I'll be having some mountain dew :wub:

I actually want to try the new "Pepsi Throwback" ... I never noticed the changes, though I do see more Coca-Cola here.

EVERYBODY I've talked to said it is just horrible. Great summer promotional idea, but nothing to back it up. Sadly, I make a statement like that without trying it myself though.

I did a business project on this. Because of the bad economy and stuff, they didnt want the logo to be too flashy. So they made it more generic and like a smirk. Each of the flavor suppose to represent some kind of smile.

So each logo represent a different type of smile? Is that based on something? Or just random smiles?

VidER

honestly i thought they were going for a retro look however at the same time on the regular Pepsi logo the white part reminds me of the birds in the intro to the Partridge family show from 20 or so years ago lol.

Ahhh Mountain Dew, my favourite soft drink. Shame you can't seem to get it in the UK any more :(

you can. ive seen some boy drink it, but dont know where he got it.

you can. ive seen some boy drink it, but dont know where he got it.

It was probably an import, which is costly. I too wish we could get Mountain Dew over here, without paying a great deal for imports.

I've bought Mountain Dew and Hershey's chocolate via AmericanSoda.co.uk a couple of times. It's not *tooo* badly priced, but it's a treat, not something for every week.

• 2 years later...

EVERYBODY I've talked to said it is just horrible. Great summer promotional idea, but nothing to back it up. Sadly, I make a statement like that without trying it myself though.

I know this thread is from 2009, But my post is relevant to the discussion, if any staff feels it is not...You may close the thread =)

It's actually not that bad, The tastes between the way Pepsi is made now to 90's and pre 90's is very different in taste. Being it was made with actual real sugar unlike today(AFAIK) I haven't tried the Mt Dew Throwback yet, but I hear it's pure sugar? I will have to try a 20oz. sometime. Since I am the biggest Pepsi ######...I prefer Throwback to today's anytime!

I know this thread is from 2009, But my post is relevant to the discussion, if any staff feels it is not...You may close the thread =)

It's actually not that bad, The tastes between the way Pepsi is made now to 90's and pre 90's is very different in taste. Being it was made with actual real sugar unlike today(AFAIK) I haven't tried the Mt Dew Throwback yet, but I hear it's pure sugar? I will have to try a 20oz. sometime. Since I am the biggest Pepsi ######...I prefer Throwback to today's anytime!

How do you even find a thread this old? I genuinely want to know. Did you search the forums for Pepsi or something?

But yes, throwback is made with real sugar and many people said it tastes better. I don't drink much anymore but when I do I try to find the throwback bottles.

How do you even find a thread this old? I genuinely want to know. Did you search the forums for Pepsi or something?

But yes, throwback is made with real sugar and many people said it tastes better. I don't drink much anymore but when I do I try to find the throwback bottles.

:o yes. I did

I really liked the old one. I think is better than the new logo.

PepsiLogo.jpg

I agree. And why a company would want to take their redesigned logo and make it visually convey weight gain (Or appear to anyway) is beyond me...

Meh we only get the crap with the artificial sweeteners in them here in NZ which suck I refuse to drink that bull sh@t

Zombie thread lives!

I saw this topic just now and got excited because I thought they had gotten rid of the stupid logo, but no. Just an old thread. They need to change it though; I know its been said countless times but it looks idiotic. I with they would bring these back:

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=6526325

Looks to me like the white stripe on the Diet Pepsi is thinner than regular and the Pepsi Max stripe is thicker, I guess portraying Diet Pepsi as 'lighter' and Pepsi Max as having something extra. :)

Or you'll get thin with Diet Pepsi (which isn't true) and Pepsi Maxx you'll get fatter (also, is not true) But I do miss the old designs and they should take it all back to basics....Then again the name is more synonymous and well recognized with consumers that they probably never will....Should follow Coca-Cola's example...They've had the same look since 1940's word wise.

^ Yes, bring back the older logo and leave it at that.

Although I bought a bottle of Coca Cola and Pepsi and I do actually prefer Pepsi. It's sort of got a smoother taste.