32" 1080p

I've been looking at the LN32B360 what the hell is the difference?

It's a lower end model. From what I see, I think it has 2 HDMI ports and 1 component port, as opposed to the 3 HDMI and 2 Components that the 460 has. For a little more money, I think the B460 will be better to get. The number of ports are very important. I have 2 component and 3 HDMI on my TV and that's still not enough for me, lol.

The first number after the B indicated the series of the model.

B360 would be a series 3. Series 3 models are the cheap low end Samsung models. crap panels and as few connections as poossible. and ugly side speakers. making the frame huge.

The series 3 isn't really that bad... colors do look washed out in darker scenes though.

Obviously the series 4 has more features. Picture quality differences between the 3 and 4 are modest at best. You're going to get a little better blacks, and brighter colors... but not by much.

But you'd still get 1080i content that could be pixel matched on the 1080p screen.

Either way, as already stated, 1080p is pointless at the 32" size. It's not viable until, about, 42".

Are PC screens different, because even my 19inch LCD monitor is above 1080p and I can see the difference in resolutions.

I'm confused. Also, watching my friend's 1080p 37inch, it definitely has a better picture than my 720p 32inch.

So that's viable at 37inch.... :s

I personally would still get 1080p at any size, just because it would annoy me knowing it's technically limited. :)

Are PC screens different, because even my 19inch LCD monitor is above 1080p and I can see the difference in resolutions.

I'm confused. Also, watching my friend's 1080p 37inch, it definitely has a better picture than my 720p 32inch.

So that's viable at 37inch.... :s

I personally would still get 1080p at any size, just because it would annoy me knowing it's technically limited. :)

'

Not so much different as in that, movies and tv shows don't show resolution difference as well as crystal clear computer fonts.

but more importantly, the distance between your eyes and a monitor is less than a meter, and unless you're either 4 or an idiot, the distance between your eyes and a TV is far greater. It's allready been stated that if he plans to use it for a monitor 1080p is better.

And yeah, neither the series 3 or 4 have great panels, but Samsung don't have "good" panels untill the series 5, which is also 1080. Samsung aren't as good as the Samsung fans want it to appear anyway. it's more of a mediocre company (well the new LED's are good, though the series 7 I set up one day had some trailing/ghosting that was hard to get rid of, disabling all the noise reduction and image "improvement" functions reduced it significantly though)

I'd rather go with a company that also makes 720 screens with good panels as well. It's getting rare thoguh as more and more companies are shifting to get on the full HD hype wagon and only make good panels in 1080 using only the cheap panels for 720

And yeah, neither the series 3 or 4 have great panels, but Samsung don't have "good" panels untill the series 5, which is also 1080. Samsung aren't as good as the Samsung fans want it to appear anyway.

Is that right? I love my Series 4 Samsung. It's got great picture and has excellent reviews. I don't think the low end Sammy TVs are as bad as people make them out to be. And also, if 1080p is wasted at the 32" screen size, you'll have to get at least a Series 4 because Series 5 and above don't offer 720p at 32".

Is that right? I love my Series 4 Samsung. It's got great picture and has excellent reviews. I don't think the low end Sammy TVs are as bad as people make them out to be. And also, if 1080p is wasted at the 32" screen size, you'll have to get at least a Series 4 because Series 5 and above don't offer 720p at 32".

That's what I said in my above post.

and I didn't say the panels in series 3 and 4 where crap. They're just not as good as series 5 and 6, and nowhere near 7 and above.

That was also why I said it might be better to shop around for something else than Samsung, someone that have better panels without going up to 1080. forcing you to fork up more cash for little benefit. NExt time read everything and not just the first sentence.

That was also why I said it might be better to shop around for something else than Samsung, someone that have better panels without going up to 1080. forcing you to fork up more cash for little benefit. NExt time read everything and not just the first sentence.

This is what you said: "...but Samsung don't have "good" panels untill the series 5." Yes, they're good. They may not be the best, but they're still very good.

This is what you said: "...but Samsung don't have "good" panels untill the series 5." Yes, they're good. They may not be the best, but they're still very good.

Notice the quotation marks around good. also they're definately not very good. not if you actually comnpare them to a series 5 or 6, or a Sony. or even a phillips. though the phillips screens are weird, sometimes the lower numbers have better picture than the higher ones.

also they're definately not very good. not if you actually comnpare them to a series 5 or 6, or a Sony. or even a phillips. though the phillips screens are weird, sometimes the lower numbers have better picture than the higher ones.

Hmm. Maybe it's just me then. But I have a Series A Samsung TV and maybe they used better panels for those. Maybe, they use cheaper panels for lower end B models, but that'll be kinda weird if they did.

My Samsung 32" 1080p Series 4 has 3 hdmi inputs and one slot for pc connection with 30,000:1 contrast ratio. It's just perfect for my needs especially tv viewing in which my cable provider only broadcasts sd channels. Even then the picture quality is still great which is very much better than the one on my old CRT unit. Examining the LCD TV ratings was what helped me get the best value for my purchase.