Nokia N97

I am still swinging between N97 and Omnia HD... can't make myself... damn !

BTW i think the N97 should have come with wifi-n AND mobile-DVB... Instead they're selling the mobileDVB bluetooth adaptor :(

BTW i think the N97 should have come with wifi-n AND mobile-DVB... Instead they're selling the mobileDVB bluetooth adaptor :(

i dont think we are going too see WIFI-N anytime soon

I've been using it for the last few days. It's really great so far. I just think the touch screen could use some better sensitivity, but I only use it for big button usage, rather than typing, so it's not that big a deal.

A-GPS with google maps is nice, email is really slick, and sms, contacts, unlock by sliding on call are all really nice to use. Wifi is nice and quick with proper handling of access points and information saving, not like my nightmare with N95.

I might review the whole thing soon.

I really hope this is available on O2 upgrade soon. Mine is due in August and I will definitely be chasing this phone!

I did lust after this phone when they first showed it off, but using symbian for a year drove me insane and based on reviews of the device it doesn't seem as if Nokia have really improved it.

The lack of a capacitive screen is downright retarded nowadays imo

My first Symbian phone was the Nokia N78 and I can honestly say that I don't think i'll be buying another Nokia or Symbian-based phone until they improve the performance. I find it slow and very unresponsive.

I did lust after this phone when they first showed it off, but using symbian for a year drove me insane and based on reviews of the device it doesn't seem as if Nokia have really improved it.

The lack of a capacitive screen is downright retarded nowadays imo

+1 the only reason I guess they're still going with resistive is to get rid of old stock? Only Guessing though...

Test the Omnia HD before... I had a lot (and I mean ALL) my friends who bought the Omnia HD return it back.

The most common problems were that if you open more than 1 application the phone becomes very laggish and unresponsive :( If you opt on that one at least try to have a ago at it before buying and test it.

About other things.... Yeah it's not the type of mobile to give to your girlfriend. What about if she blogs a lot? Posts a lot of photos online, checks her facebook all the time, uses my 5800 to connect to any wi-fi network to check her twitter and Messenger?! Sends a lot of emails and sms/mms?!

Now is that the kind of phone to give to your girlfriend? :p I think so.

And yes I can afford 2 (and more) ATM money is not an issue, so I think she really deserves one :) :)

I get mine on Friday and I cannot wait!

Already have an 8GB MicroSD card for it and also I bought Garmin Mobile XT Sat Nav for it too along with the car holder and in car charger!

I don't own a Sat Nav unit and I bought the software for ?40, did a search online and the new V5.0 works on the 5800 and N97! So happy days.

A review will be posted once I have it:))

I initially was tempted by this phone since I am looking to buy a new headset in the coming month, but I think I will be opting for the E72 when that comes around instead. I decided the touchscreen was more of the gimmick and the S60 interface simply is not optimized for touchscreen use. The interface felt sluggish and that would just ruin the touchscreen experience. I do not blame the resistive touchscreen however, as the screen itself was responsive, it was simply the software that did not keep up very well.

I also felt as though I would not be using the touch and multimedia features to much of an extent as I have my iPod Touch for those purposes at which it excels much more at than the N-series. With all that in mind, the E72 fits what I want in a phone and will likely be much less pricey than the N97. Having owned the N95 for the last two years, I would also prefer to own a phone that is much slimmer in form-factor, but also has a physical keyboard.

I personally do not think the S60 interface is ready for this emerging market dominated by iPhone OS and Android. Given the option of a decent phone, I would opt for a phone by Android, but for the time being, the E72 has just everything I need: the features I want from the N97 in a slimmer and more appropriate package.

It costs as much as a laptop or twice the price of a UMPC if you try to buy it unlocked state side. I think that's way too much for a camera/media player/phone combination.

im having a hard time time picking between the SE W902 and the Nokia 5800. any suggestions?

which one is buggier? ive never had a touch screen phone before so the nokia is intriguing. i have the SE W760i right now but its broken. i had the nokia 5300 previous to that one.

Edited by C.R.E.A.M.

im having a hard time decision picking between the SE W902 and the Nokia 5800. any suggestions?

which one is buggier? ive never had a touch screen phone before so the nokia is intriguing. i have the SE W760i right now but its broken. i had the nokia 5300 previous to that one.

If you want to jump into the touchscreen scene, I would recommend going for something with a more touchscreen-oriented operating system such as iPhone OS, Android or WebOS.

I think the S60 interface will not provide you with the best touchscreen experience you can have. Other interfaces that are not catered for touchscreens seem really half-baked in terms of touchscreen features and, in my opinion, ruin the experience.

Moreover, I have heard the Nokia 5800 is not a good phone and the touchscreen is not good either. My coworker stated his friend had to return the phone four times for a replacement. The sensitivity is poor (once again, hearsay) and the Nokia N97 has improved on the sensitivity significantly.

i've got to pass on the N97, although i'd like to get it, i'm looking for an unlocked phone around $400. the n97 looks to be 800+

anybody hear good reviews about the SE w902?

i've got to pass on the N97, although i'd like to get it, i'm looking for an unlocked phone around $400. the n97 looks to be 800+

anybody hear good reviews about the SE w902?

gsmarena.com looks pretty satisfied with the w902, but it is not a touchscreen phone.

gsmarena.com looks pretty satisfied with the w902, but it is not a touchscreen phone.

You can look at the c905 then. It depends on what you want in a phone. The best camera? Best text messaging? Best form factor? You can only choose what you want the most...

CREAM, check out amazon's unlocked phones collection:

http://www.amazon.com/Unlocked-Phones-Acce...;node=283273011

You can get the N97 for ~$655 or less.

i guess i can wait to dive into the whole touchscreen scene. i dunno the SE w902 seems good. i saw it in store and it was an ok size and everything. i know it was released in 08, i was kinda looking for something newer but i guess it'll do. i can get it unlocked for ~$350 CAD...i refuse to extend my contract 2 more years just to get the phone.

i guess i can wait to dive into the whole touchscreen scene. i dunno the SE w902 seems good. i saw it in store and it was an ok size and everything. i know it was released in 08, i was kinda looking for something newer but i guess it'll do. i can get it unlocked for ~$350 CAD...i refuse to extend my contract 2 more years just to get the phone.

Pacific Mall???

hmm i'm still waiting for it to be released here in australia before i take the plunge. i've been reading lots of reviews and most of them point out the problem with the screen being resistive and some issues with the keyboard. how do you guys feel about them (screen and keyboard) especially compared to an iPhone (i have an iPod touch and my dad has the iPhone so i know how they feel). also, is there anything else good/bad worth mentioning? otherwise i might get the iPhone (even though i hate it but love the iPod touch) because i need a bigger capacity iPod for my music.

SE C510 seems to be a good one.

do the Sony Ericcson Cybershot brand of phone come with the Walkman player 4.0 just like the 'W' series does?

im still liking the SE W902. seems like a good phone. i like the earphones that come with it as well as the 8GB card inluded. my only problem is it's a 2008 model and i'd prefer to get a 2009 SE phone around the same price (unlocked) so thats why i was looking at the C510

I've had the n97 for a week now and it is surprisingly pretty good. In my opinion, I think the apps available to symbian s60v5 is more useful tha the app store. How many times do you use an app more than once just to check it out? I just installed garmin mobile xt with voice directions and it works pretty well. Its just like a real gps device and doesnt require internet. People say the symbian os is outdated, it doesn't look that bad to me. You can even make it look like the iphone but you have to do some modding. I still have the iphone 3g and I haven't touched it since I got the n97. The keyboard works fine and the screen isn't that bad for a resistive screen. The space bar is on the right side and takes some time getting used to. The camera shoots very clear images compared to other mobile phones. One thing the iphone does well is the web surfing, the nokia doesn't seem so responsive in that department. I cannot move around the page as easy as I could with the iphone. Also, sometimes the phone locks up just like any other phone, this includes the iphone too.