New Longhorn UI "AERO"!

Whatever it is that you're smoking, you *HAVE* to hook me up with some.

lol lmao! Yeah hes right.. whistler was just the basic OS with the placeholder visual style... same as plex.. they did not scrap anything.. He must be high your right..

2: Microsoft was working on "Whistler", which looked nothing like OS X nor did it have ANY of it's technologies. The second Microsoft got it's hands on the beta of OS X it quickly scrapped Whistler and came up with XP, which is Windows 2000 and OS X technologies, with an added paint-job inspired by Fisher Price.

XP _is_ whistler! *slaps around with large trout* Think before you post. :p

"The second Microsoft got it's hands on the beta of OS X it quickly scrapped Whistler and came up with XP, which is Windows 2000 and OS X technologies"

where the hell you see OS X technologies in XP !@#$%!

oh well thats why he should stick to mac smarts.. Im sure both windows users and mac users just misunderstand each others operating system. This creates these little fuzzy fights. I think we should really learn about the OS before dissin it. I myself am a hardcore pc user.. but i see nothing wrong with macs.. other then a few bugs here and there. But pc has a few bugs here and there also so theres no need to cut either down.. Pick your preference and stick to it.. no need to come into a windows forum and diss windows users. hehe

,May 16 2003, 01:20] oh well thats why he should stick to mac smarts.. Im sure both windows users and mac users just misunderstand each others operating system. This creates these little fuzzy fights. I think we should really learn about the OS before dissin it. I myself am a hardcore pc user.. but i see nothing wrong with macs.. other then a few bugs here and there. But pc has a few bugs here and there also so theres no need to cut either down.. Pick your preference and stick to it.. no need to come into a windows forum and diss windows users. hehe

I Disagree ... Mac Users are pretty much FORCED to 'Co-exhist' and use windows systems ... i'd say 90% of Mac users know more about Windows than Vice Versa ... but thats mere logic if you think of the Market share.

I Disagree ... Mac Users are pretty much FORCED to 'Co-exhist' and use windows systems ... i'd say 90% of Mac users know more about Windows than Vice Versa ... but thats mere logic if you think of the Market share.

Ok i understand. I agree. i guess i retract my comment then. But still no sense having mac flamers going through the pc section. hehe :no: :rolleyes:

and I am FORCED to use mac cause at work we support macs. such a pain in the a**

Nothing works with them. You can't authenticate with Active Directory, we get soo many calls with printing problems, I personally switched more than 50 iBook with bad LCD, if something bad happens to them we can't switch the HD to a different machine ..we have to send it to Apple and when the laptop comes back from Apple they will erase all the stuff from the drive so the user will lose everything, and I hate troubleshooting iBooks with their weird CD drive design .. that damn thing doesn't have a eject button out side .. and F12/eject button doesn't work half the time ....

blah blah ... the list goes on ....

,May 16 2003, 01:27] Ok i understand. I agree. i guess i retract my comment then. But still no sense having mac flamers going through the pc section. hehe :no: :rolleyes:

I Agree completely;)

"The second Microsoft got it's hands on the beta of OS X it quickly scrapped Whistler and came up with XP, which is Windows 2000 and OS X technologies"

Well for starters the dropshadow for desktop icons. Want me to go on?

Valkyre's got a point. In the build's of Whistler, they were still using 16-bit icons with no alpha transparency, and look what happened? They started adding shadows, and fancy stuff to their operating system. :p

Also, yes, when I get my Mac soon, I'm gonna be forced to co-exist with my Windows machine too, seeing as though I code and game, although I do more of design than both, and Macs are perfect for design. As for flaws in the Mac OS X operating system. Yes, it has 'em, but I'm not seeing 'em like you do in Windows all the time. And there's no "Blue Screen of Death" on a Mac.

2: Microsoft was working on "Whistler", which looked nothing like OS X nor did it have ANY of it's technologies. The second Microsoft got it's hands on the beta of OS X it quickly scrapped Whistler and came up with XP, which is Windows 2000 and OS X technologies, with an added paint-job inspired by Fisher Price.

There we see how freakin' wrong you are. Whistler was the goddamn codename of WindowsXP. Get a f'n clue!

stfu Valkyre, Microsoft is only trying to make Windows look better, since it's now very stable.

This Area is for windows users to talk about Windows Longhorn and it's technologies. Not for Mac users to come in and start flame wars about their pretty icons and wonderful themes. I don't mind intelligent discussion but come on...

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=SF&f=60 Go back there Mac users if you have nothing decent to discuss. If you intend to discuss the way in which "microsoft have ripped off mac osx" (again) then at least get a clue about what you're talking about.

Keep this topic ON topic please.

Further obvious trolling will be met with moderation

lol

I was wondering when this thread would get back on topic :)

Tom Servo: Does every other word in your vocabulary exist as a curse word? It *is* possible to convey your own opinion without 'shouting' abuse at other posters...

This Area is for windows users to talk about Windows Longhorn and it's technologies. Not for Mac users to come in and start flame wars about their pretty icons and wonderful themes. I don't mind intelligent discussion but come on...

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=SF&f=60 Go back there Mac users if you have nothing decent to discuss. If you intend to discuss the way in which "microsoft have ripped off mac osx" (again) then at least get a clue about what you're talking about.

Keep this topic ON topic please.

About Time !! Bravo creamhackered

I love you guys ....

Now lets talk about Aero ..shall we ..

Sorry creamhackered but i have to say this....

Valk, since when does the world revolve around Apple and OSX, whos to say bill didnt already have all the fancy gubbins in mind while he was building Whistler? Just because Apple did it, doesnt mean everyone else copied from them. They build OSes from the ground up, they dont just shove everything together and then fix the bugs, they build it up layer by layer, the look and feel of the desktop should be the last thing they work on after all the tech stuff has been implemented.

And you wonder why Windows users moan about Mac people all the time.

ok, first, windows whistler is windows xp. and what u think microsft was gona do, keep the crappy 256 color icons? no, naturaly they would make them better. and i bet you, icons in longhorn will be ever better then xp. ever gave that any thought? now, if u want more info on longhorn, here is a few websites i have found

Microbeta.net

winiebeta

Cant wait. I doubt that it will make me give up linux tho ;)

Of course. Linux is so loveable. :happy:

There we see how freakin' wrong you are. Whistler was the goddamn codename of WindowsXP. Get a f'n clue!
It was not a codename for Windows XP, it was a codename for the next generation Windows operating system. And when I said "they scrapped whistler", I meant they scrapped most of it's technologies and features and 'upgraded' to a slew of new features, much at the last minute. My apologies for not making that clearer.

Further obvservations will be met with moderation. (Just kidding!)

Tom Servo: Does every other word in your vocabulary exist as a curse word? It *is* possible to convey your own opinion without 'shouting' abuse at other posters...
I understand his personality, so it doesn't affect me.
Sorry creamhackered but i have to say this....

Valk, since when does the world revolve around Apple and OSX, whos to say bill didnt already have all the fancy gubbins in mind while he was building Whistler? Just because Apple did it, doesnt mean everyone else copied from them. They build OSes from the ground up, they dont just shove everything together and then fix the bugs, they build it up layer by layer, the look and feel of the desktop should be the last thing they work on after all the tech stuff has been implemented.

And you wonder why Windows users moan about Mac people all the time.

1: Whistler did not have the same or similar technologies in it before OS X (beta) was released. After that they started popping up all over the place. I'm sure Bill Gates has never heard of Apple and doesn't keep up on their progress, how silly of me to think that.

2: When you say "they build OSes from the ground up", are you referring to Microsoft? If so, please go look at every Windows version past 3.1. While things DID change in each operating system, a lot of things remained the same. The majority of icons in Windows XP are left over from Windows 98, 95, and even 3.1. The 9x series and the NT series are different, but same through out each class in many aspects.

3: I use both MacOS and Windows constantly, I am not a "mac" person as defined by you.

ok, first, windows whistler is windows xp. and what u think microsft was gona do, keep the crappy 256 color icons? no, naturaly they would make them better. and i bet you, icons in longhorn will be ever better then xp. ever gave that any thought? now, if u want more info on longhorn, here is a few websites i have found

I don't believe Microsoft had any intentions of ditching the same icon color depth used in the previous Windows versions, until they saw OS X that is. Then they applied the same icon technology that was in OS X, and actually to a degree OS 9 and OS 8.6.

Note: I'm not against Microsoft, even though I don't like them all that much. I like to see competition, but I just disagree with the way Microsoft "progresses".

Oh i give up, Mac people go play in your Mac forum, sick and tired of whinging Mac Zealots how ace their OS is,

go away

I dont hate macs, i just dont need to publicly announce it like most of you people do, i dont have anything against ppl who use macs, its just a few of them let the side down.