• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Barclays Premier League Season 2009/2010

Premier League 2009/2010  

437 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kralik    3

A brace for Wilshere today.. he is very impressive in pre-season so far.. so impressive that he deserves to get a proper run in the league this season.. if he produces these performances constantly then we do not need to buy a winger.. Eduardo also got one.. Wenger seems less interested in Huntelaar and more in Chamakh so Eduardo should partner van Persie this season as our main strikers with Bendtner and Chamakh or Vela on the bench..

Shycho    1
Good article this for the Arsenal fans...

Thats the most confusing article i've ever read. People mock fergie for getting 80m for Ronaldo went he wanted away. Yet ?25m for Adebayor is good business.

Selling your best defender is ok, despite what fergie says as long as you've got a young prospect to fill in for him? Where have we heard that before Arsene?

United will also have Hargreaves back along with Brown, and Neville, and no doubt their January signings will play more now that their half season settling in period is up.

Never heard the rumor about Owen calling Liverpool to hijack the deal, not sure how much truth is in it considering how quickly he went from getting the call to signing the contract. But that does beg the question why Adebayor didn't hold out for the likes of AC milan who were after him, instead of settiling for Man City.

When your the most successful manager in the league. Even if all the other managers combined their medals, your allowed to call your rivals small.

Shibby    1

I love it when they do that in rugby but in football and about everton .......

Subject Delta    108
Thats the most confusing article i've ever read. People mock fergie for getting 80m for Ronaldo went he wanted away. Yet ?25m for Adebayor is good business.

Despite his whining, diving, arrogance, and whatever Ronaldo was a great player. However despite his whining, arrogance, and greed, Adebayor was a distinctly average player that committed little to arsenal, he just saw man city's pound notes and went because he knew no other team was likely to give him a better offer.

For me, both sales where right for their teams. Adebayor was just a git, and Ronaldo was starting to think he was bigger than the team.

Martyn    5

Just got back from the Atletico Madrid match at Anfield. Was decent.

Damo R.    29,658
Just got back from the Atletico Madrid match at Anfield. Was decent.

I was listening to the championship on Radio 5 and they were talking about that sounded good

Martyn    5
I was listening to the championship on Radio 5 and they were talking about that sounded good

Even though we lost we didn't really deserve to, Torres decided he didn't want to score against his former team a few times, and the referee didn't think penalties should be awarded in a friendly.

Forlan scored a cracking goal, and Aguero scored when we were down to 1 central defender and 10 men as Carra had just gone off.

Agger, Skrtel and Carra are all injured at the moment, coupled with the loss of Hyypia in the summer, it is a position we are weak in at the moment.

gregb0b    11

It's nice to see the robbings spread out nowadays :p.

Damo R.    29,658

looks like first blood this season to carlo

Subject Delta    108

Chelsea win 4-1 on Penalties. Sounded like a good game on commentary, but poor penalties from united.

Martyn    5

Is that the quintuple over already?

Subject Delta    108

Nope, because Chelsea won't win the CL, they always wig out at the critical moments :laugh:

nothuman    0

We were bad at penalties. But the ref ignoring the fault on Evra was even worst.

Shibby    1

The whole game was a sham from the ref, why bother playing fair to each other when the ref is so blind. I want to run on the pitch and break Droga legs, even the slightest touch and he's limping about holding his face checking for blood. For me he spends to much doing this rather then just getting into new space.?

Subject Delta    108
We were bad at penalties. But the ref ignoring the fault on Evra was even worst.

I heard that Evra flopped, and wasn't even injured in the part of his body that he was holding

Damo R.    29,658

"Michael Ballack was at the centre of controversy at Wembley today, as Chelsea beat Manchester United on penalties to claim this season's Charity Shield.

The German midfielder appeared to block Patrice Evra on the touchline, leaving the Frenchman lying on the floor and claiming injury. Referee Chris Foy waved play on, as United were in possession.

They soon lost possession though, and the Blues went on to score, with Frank Lampard's effort putting them into a 2-1 lead, despite United's angry pleas that the game should have halted to allow Evra to be treated for his injury.

Speaking after the game, Ballack was prepared to admit that, had Foy blown for a foul on Evra, he wouldn't have been at all surprised.

"I have to be happy he didn't blow but I think I blocked him a little bit and if the referee gives a foul it's okay as well," the midfielder told Sky Sports News.

"He decided and he didn't give the foul, but it was a bit unlucky after that [because] they conceded the goal.

"I kept on playing but then I didn't have the ball so I couldn't see how injured he is. It's for the referee to decide, it's not our choice and that's it.""

nothuman    0
I heard that Evra flopped, and wasn't even injured in the part of his body that he was holding

No, he wasn't injured, but it still a fool anyway.

Subject Delta    108

Well if Evra wasn't injured, then the referee had no recourse to stop the game. Granted some referees do miss silly fouls, but this isn't the first or last time it will have happened.

limok    60

well when ballack was fell to the ground he wasnt hurt but the ref stopped the game, andy gray was saying there's no official ruling on these sort of things, but in my opinion the ref should be consistent either stop on all "injuries" or on non.

+Audioboxer    2,876

The real thing to worry about is Nani injured, he looked like he would have a good start to the season.

Subject Delta    108

As a Liverpool fan, that isn't much of a worry for me. Don't get me wrong I don't lack compassion but because his injury isn't life or career threatening, I won't lose much sleep over it. One less quality player to do damage is not such bad news for non united fans :p

gregb0b    11

Pretty good start so far this season. It's a shame I wasn't able to catch any of their US tour....Maybe next year.

For now :)

tn_2009-08-09T162729Z_01_DST11_RTRIDSP_2_SOCCER-ENGLAND-SHIELD.jpg

Kralik    3
I want to run on the pitch and break Droga legs

Everytime.. every single time..

even the slightest touch and he's limping about holding his face checking for blood.

So what else is new? To quote him here.. "It's a disgrace, it's a f***ing disgrace!" Did Ballack play? I was rofl when Ballack was flying and rolling abt during our Carling Cup semifinal.. :D

For me he spends to much doing this rather then just getting into new space.

That's why we sold Ade.. lazy..

WRT to refereeing decisions.. FA has a 'Respect' campaign, which is to teach players how to respect the referee.. it won't succeed unless FA also looks at the quality of refereeing and improves that.. I feel the quality of refereeing in England is better than many European countries but there are still a lot of bad decisions.. and their inconsistency gives rise to controversies and kills the games.. if FA wants ppl to respect the referees.. they should make sure the decisions are spot-on and unbiased.. they should try to employ some technology on trial basis in Carling Cup or friendlies or any other unimportant matches and see how it goes.. in rugby players trust right decisions will come so they don't get in referee's face that much..

Edited by Kralik