Barclays Premier League Season 2009/2010

Premier League 2009/2010  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Premier League in 2010?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham City
    • Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Burnley
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • West Ham United
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Wolverhampton Wanderers
  2. 2. Who will be relegated in 2010? [Select 3]

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham City
    • Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Burnley
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • West Ham United
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Wolverhampton Wanderers
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer?

• Andrei Arshavin
    • Carlos Tevez
    • Didier Drogba
    • Dimitar Berbatov
    • Emmanuel Adebayor
    • Fernando Torres
    • Frank Lampard
    • Gabriel Agbonlahor
    • Nicolas Anelka
    • Robin van Persie
    • Robinho
    • Roque Santa Cruz
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Yakubu Aiyegbeni
    • Other

The Hammers have released a brief statement on their official website and are in continuous contact with the hospital where Davenport is being treated.

The statement read: "West Ham United can conform that Calum Davenport was being treated in hospital on Saturday afternoon after an incident late on Friday night.

"The 26-year-old defender and his mum both suffered stab wounds at home in Bedford.

"His mum is recovering while Calum underwent surgery this morning and his injuries were described as serious by doctors.

"The club's medical team are in contact with hospital staff.

"The thoughts of everyone at West Ham are with Calum and his family and, due to the ongoing police investigation, no further information will be released at this time."

Shocking and disgraceful.. wish him a speedy recovery and hope they catch and punish the perpetrator :angry:

Shocking and disgraceful.. wish him a speedy recovery and hope they catch and punish the perpetrator :angry:

here here! just shocking!

Utd bouncing back 4-0 and Owen scored!

Pompey are getting hammered as well!

We won 4-1 but somehow I can't enjoy this since I read Davenport news on Skysports.. still cannot believe it.. :omg:

Sky News are saying 25 year old man has been arrested!

There is lots of scum in the world...

A sports store chain has overhauled its policy on personalising football shirts after one was sold bearing a slogan mocking the Hillsborough Disaster.

Sports Direct printed a Manchester United top with "96" and "Not Enough" on, and an insult about Liverpudlians.

The company apologised and said "with immediate effect" shirts would only be printed with current footballers' names and numbers on.

The employee who took the order did not realise the insult, the firm added.

A man paid ?55 for the shirt, from one of the company's 470 stores, with the reference to the 96 Liverpool fans who died at the Hillsborough stadium on 15 April 1989.

The supporters were crushed to death during Liverpool's FA Cup semi-final against Nottingham Forest at the stadium in Sheffield.

It is an absolute disgrace and Sports Direct should be ashamed

Margaret Aspinall, Hillsborough Family Support Group

The insult came to light when images of the shirt were posted on the social networking site, Facebook.

The man's Facebook page has since been shut down.

Despite Sports Direct claiming the employee took the order "unknowingly", families of Hillsborough victims have said they are appalled.

Chairman of the Hillsborough Family Support Group, Margaret Aspinall, whose 18-year-old son James died, said: "I think Sports Direct are worse than the guy who wanted it put on the back of his shirt.

"Printing that message is like inciting trouble, it is an absolute disgrace and Sports Direct should be ashamed.

"It's 20 years down the line and I don't believe it possible someone printing football shirts wouldn't know what the message meant.

"Fans can go too far in their rivalry towards other clubs, and this is way over the line."

The sports chain is owned by Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley.

A company spokesman said: "As a result, Sports Direct has taken immediate action and changed the administration policy for printing football shirts across its store network."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/8210441.stm

Jesus Christ, so what some Utd fan made a distasteful shirt, don't go taring all the other fans with the same brush.

As for pompey losing to arsenal, it was expect. The defence were having a bad day, normally distin does a good job controlling it and saving us. ?The midfield was utter tripe as normal. We had a 433 come 451, Muggin and moka looked out of their depth. Kranjcar seems utter useless as normal, he said he won't sign a new contract. If you want to be a top player you've got to create, attack and try and pull your team together, sadly kranjcar doesn't do that.

Our right back postion will be a flank that will be attack quite a lot for 2 reasons. ?

1. Our right backs aren't quick?

2. Utaka normally gets placed on the right side but never tracks or helps out the postion.

Hopefully when we play Man City we will be more organised, got some new players and perhaps even an assitant manager!

Jesus Christ, so what some Utd fan made a distasteful shirt, don't go taring all the other fans with the same brush.

I am not saying that all united fans are like that, but most of that crap does come from united fans. Just look at any of the Hillsborough tribute videos on Youtube, almost all of the unsavoury comments come from United fans.

Horrible news WRT Davenport..

Doctors are fighting to save the left leg of West Ham defender Calum Davenport after he was stabbed several times by thugs yesterday morning, while relatives have told Goal.com that he will never play football again.

The 26-year-old Davenport and his mother Kim, 49, were both attacked outside their property in Springfield Avenue, Bedford, at 5am yesterday morning. Calum was stabbed several times in both legs and was rushed to hospital along with his mother.

A main artery in Calum?s left leg was severed, causing him to lose pints of blood, and he was forced to undergo emergency surgery yesterday as doctors battled not only to save his leg but also his life.

There are still fears that Calum may have to have his left leg amputated, with the next 24-48 hours being crucial, while relatives have told Goal.com that the West Ham star ?probably will never play football ever again?.

Just a sad, horrible :(ent :(

Oh wow, that's tragic about Davenport :( Such a young age to quit football as well...

Damn thugs, I hope they catch the ******* that did this.

As for Man Utd/Burnley, it wasn't that they were lucky, it's that we were unlucky to have both our main goalie and Vidic out, which shot our defense to pieces. Still though, it's no excuse at all considering we're one of the best teams in the UK. Thankfully, that 5-0 wonder game has helped us dramatically :D

Utd bouncing back 4-0 and Owen scored!

5-0* :shiftyninja:

I am not saying that all united fans are like that, but most of that crap does come from united fans. Just look at any of the Hillsborough tribute videos on Youtube, almost all of the unsavoury comments come from United fans.

They're not fans just idiots who can't separate football rivalry and real life

well that's that...stupid mistakes again cost us 3 points...come on Zola put hands in pockets and spend! and is Ashton dead or something?

I missed most of the west ham spurs match but I wanted west ham to win! I think Spurs will be broke once Harry leaves! They've got quite a really good squad and that doesn't come cheap!

I missed most of the west ham spurs match but I wanted west ham to win! I think Spurs will be broke once Harry leaves! They've got quite a really good squad and that doesn't come cheap!

haha yeah I mean look at Spurs bench Crouch,Pavlachenko,Bentley that's like a continental class bench!

No kidding. They need to make it an automatic prison sentence for anyone caught carrying a knife who can't prove they have a reasonable excuse to be doing so. Some kind of deterrent is sorely needed

No kidding. They need to make it an automatic prison sentence for anyone caught carrying a knife who can't prove they have a reasonable excuse to be doing so. Some kind of deterrent is sorely needed

Exactly. Just handing them a fine they'll never pay back is hardly sufficient.