Windows 95 Beta

I used a computer back in my country, lol i guess it was MS-DOS, but maybe it was Q-Basic or something like that, lol i was too small to remember :D

then i came here and started with:

- Windows 98

- Windows 2000 (made an upgrade without knowing anything about Upgrades or drivers, lol)

- Upgraded it to Windows Me (beta), lol what a POS :)

- Windows 2000 again after i researched and understand everything about drivers and hardware, lol

- Windows Whistler - My fave forever!

- Windows XP - The Best ever! no problems for now :) and real fast, lots of options! (Using now)

- Windows Server 2003 - Its nice but is not for me :)

- Windows LongHorn - i dont like the GUI, but i do like the windows movements they are sweet!

I have used Linux is good but I dont like it much, and believe it or not I have never seen a Mac ever in my life in front of me, lol im dying to see one :cool:

that's my Record, lol

It looks like normal windows 98 but with windows 95 icons

Yep, I have seen some before, I will look for them :p

The windows ME beta looked just like 2000, like the final did :p

Whistler was the best looking ms os I have seen, luna is so gay looking :wacko:

I can't remember the name, possibly Nashville, but I think the web integration started out as a standalone addon, or it was early in beta testing. I think there is actually a thread about it on the OSBetaArchive site but I'm too lazy to look it up right now. :)

i have seen all the windows betas from 3.1 except windows 98... how did the internet intergration develope?

MS added that integration crap in the beginning, then took it out because it didn't work right, then at the last minute, like in RC 1 they added it again, and made the same stuff available for 95 via IE 4.

There is very little different about 95 and 98, mainly some new drivers (usb) and a few new GUI options.

98 was worth about $.10 as an upgrade from 95 :p

Right, you can get the formerly-Nashville UI for free with IE 4.01.

I've still got IE 4.01 installed on my Windows 95 OSR2 machine.

I've loved the shell intergration since I saw the first screenshots. Fantastic concept! (Ugly usage, worse in beta) They're in book... Maybe I'll post them here...

Windows Me beta's where very stable

Yeah, I dont know why happened to the final, I think MS accidently shipped the first alpha or something instead :(

Yeah, chicago looks like Windows 95ed 3.11 - REALLY WEIRD ;-))))

/Raptor

That's pretty much what it was at the time. I remember testing it back in late 1994. It was pretty much 3.1 with a 32-bit Explorer (still utilizing Win32S for those who remember it !)

well lets see

97-98 windows 3.1 on a pentium (shared)

98 windows 3.1 on a 386 (my own)

98-99 some windows 95 beta on a 486

99 windows 3.1 on a 486

2001 windows 98 fe on cyrix

2002 some mac

2002-present windows 98 se on an athlon xp

then xp, debian linux, redhat 9, and xp again