Two new MVC members announced

Yusuf M.

Congratulations. Your helpfulness was well noticed. :)

Paul Wilders

Aryeh,

Signed up over on this nice board to congratulate you!

cheers,

Paul

Andrew Lyle
Aryeh,

cheers,

Paul

(Y) Cheers!

Damo R.
Aryeh,

cheers,

Paul

Welcome! :)

pasty2k2

Welcome Paul + nice one on the MVC guys!

powerade01
goretsky is an ESET employee who helps a lot on the forums when members have trouble with viruses and things; he posts a lot of informative posts :)

Did not know he worked for NOD32's company

I don't actually "help" anyone hence the lack of MVC, if I posted 43k posts in software or hardware helping people I would probably be one by now...all I do is keep the media section going ;)

True....Rappy only spams in the #k threads :p

With your dedication to the Media postings I would say you deserve MVC. You should have got one a long time ago in my opinion.

This is a tech forum, not a media forum.

Hum doesn't have a section named after him. It's a coincidence.

Hum in this case refers to chatter, chit chat, etc..

Im not sure....Another poster before me said (and I myself think I remember) that Hum was here before the section had "Hum" in it. IMO, I think it was named after him and I always thought that it was named after him.

I do though, not agree with goretsky being a MVC. With 300 something posts, sure 300 of those could be great quality but people with 10000+ posts have helped people alot more and have been here longer.

Sounds to me like just because he works for a great company this has been given to him.

Nonetheless, congrads to him too.

Calum
I do though, not agree with goretsky being a MVC. With 300 something posts, sure 300 of those could be great quality but people with 10000+ posts have helped people alot more and have been here longer.

Sounds to me like just because he works for a great company this has been given to him.

Nonetheless, congrads to him too.

I can assure you it isn't because he works for ESET; it is because of his very helpful and informative posts. Neowin doesn't give out the MVC badge willynilly - there's a lot to the process before a person is given the badge.

You may not agree with it, but if you look at the majority (probably about 95%) of goretsky's 325 posts, you will see that they all provide help and are informative and to the point.

Very helpful posts isn't the only quality looked at when choosing an MVC either - the way the member conducts themselves and their attitude is also considered.

Anyway, this thread is for congratulating the two new MVCs. You will get a chance to vote for a member you think deserves it, later this year :)

+Gary7

I have known Aryeh since around 1998 and he is one of the most knowledgeable persons that I have ever came across. I don't care if he only had 3 posts he deserves MVP status! :)