LimeWire 5.2.10 Released

limewire-logo.jpg

LimeWire is a file sharing program running on the Gnutella Network. It is open standard software running on an open protocol, free for the public to use. LimeWire allows you to share any file such as.mp3s, .avis, jpgs, tiffs, etc. Limewire is written in Java, and will run on Windows, Macintosh, Linux, Sun, and other computing platforms. Publish your original content to the world without setting up a website!

linkicon.gif Link: Homepage

viewicon.gif View: Changelog

softicon.gif Download: LimeWire

people still use this crap?
Millions do. This and eMule are the easiest way to get single mp3 files.

For movies, full game/app ISOs, mp3/FLAC albums, and more we have torrents...

Soulseek

I use Rapidshare and megaupload.

I just google "name of game/show/movie/song/album rapidshare or megaupload" and I find blog entries and forum posts with download links.

But when I do have to use P2P I use Frostwire, it's like Limewire Pro for free!

+1

Soulseek

Hmm, never heard of Soulseek, might have to give it a try. Iv always used Limewire and liked it so i never thought to look for another app lol.

people still use this crap?

that was exactly what i was going to say, word for word.

EVERYTIME i fix someones computers, there story starts with "all i do on my computer is check email and download mp3s on limewire"

Single mp3s are just as easy and safer using torrents. Find the album and download torrent, set the songs you don't want to Do Not Download.

that was exactly what i was going to say, word for word.

EVERYTIME i fix someones computers, there story starts with "all i do on my computer is check email and download mp3s on limewire"

I've had the same experience when it comes to repairing 95% of my client's machines. LimeWire is almost worse than Kazaa.

virus city , use private torrents instead

Yeah except most trackers if not all, are INVITE only :(

I've had the same experience when it comes to repairing 95% of my client's machines. LimeWire is almost worse than Kazaa.

+1

I can easily ask 20 people in my msn and bet they've Kazaa/limewire/Ares SUPREME etc... installed...

PS. instead of just google.com use blogsearch.google.com :p

Edited by Draconian Guppy

Yeah except most trackers if not all, are INVITE only :(

true depends on who you know & how you know them is to how you can get a invite to some trackers

true depends on who you know & how you know them is to how you can get a invite to some trackers

Exactly my point, people who download Ares/limewire/kazaa/etc... can't be bothered to go that much trouble, it's easier just downloading and click away and in a couple of months they're virus infested.

I used to use LimeWire just for one file mp3s. Then came along viruses. It's kinda obviously which files are actually real, but there are some sneaky ones.

Until there is a program that used to be like Napster or WinMX, there isn't much of an alternative to those two.

WinMX was great at one point.

i absolutely hate family members who tell me to fix there computer because one of my cousins or nephews/nieces put limewire on the god damn computer. or when people tell me vista is slow and the only thing they use is limewire. ARRRGHH :argh: :argh: :argh: [head explodes]