[Official] Batman: Arkham Asylum

i dont know about this demo

played it, thought it was very good in some areas, like graphics, the characters etc.

however it felt as though it didnt have enough polish,

played both 360 and PC version and PC version is just way better graphics wise, im fully maxed out and it totally smooth, deffo buy for me this is

heck I cant believe they are even making it for PC. Seems like everyone these days are saying PC gaming is dead and they are all moving to consoles..

Makes me so mad :angry:

Forgot to post this yesterday, but "bad" news for PC gamers..

Batman PC moves to late September, will support PhysX

batmanarkhamasylum8.jpg

August 6th, 2009 @ 14:02

By Patrick Garratt

Squeidosenix just confirmed that the PC version of Batman: Arkham Asylum will not release until September 15 in North America and September 18 in Europe and Australia.

The console SKUs will hit on August 25 as planned.

The publisher also said today that the PC version will support Nvidia’s PhysX tech, which has allowed Rocksteady to “add that little bit extra” for PC fans, according to director Sefton Hill.

Shame they’ll have to wait longer than everyone else.

PR after the break. There’s a couple of PhysX-related screens through there as well.

Highly Anticipated Eidos Interactive and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Videogame Batman: Arkham Asylum to support NVIDIA PhysX technology

An immersive adventure unfolds in stunning detail

Eidos Interactive, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NVIDIA Corporation today announced that the Games for Windows LIVE release of forthcoming DC Comics-licensed videogame, Batman: Arkham Asylum, will feature NVIDIA? PhysX? technology, which allows for the creation of incredibly realistic worlds full of interactive materials and objects. As a result, PC gamers will get to experience intense realism and fully immerse themselves in Batman’s journey into Gotham City’s asylum for the criminally insane.

Hardware accelerated by supported NVIDIA GeForce GPUs, PhysX technology provides an even deeper level of engagement for players of Batman: Arkham Asylum by utilizing the processing power of the NVIDIA GPU to render stunning in-game physics objects in the environment that not only add to the overall look of the game, but create an immersive and believable world.

With PhysX technology enabled, players can explore darkened corridors packed with volumetric fog which reacts to Batman’s movement and cobwebs which tear with his passing. Combat becomes a maelstrom of motion as office papers are thrown into the air alongside soda cans and litter as Batman lands each punch upon The Joker’s henchmen. Throughout the game, the decaying gothic architecture is realized to an incredible detail with wall tiles chipping and breaking, stone pillars crumbling upon impact, and particles from breaking glass and debris shattering and falling down around Batman’s feet.

“Supporting NVIDIA PhysX technology has allowed us to add that little bit extra to the PC version of the game,” said Sefton Hill, Game Director at Rocksteady Studios. “As Batman interacts with the world, the aging asylum creates a more immersive, believable world which really draws the player in.”

Batman: Arkham Asylum™ exposes players to a unique, dark and atmospheric adventure that takes them to the depths of Arkham Asylum – Gotham City’s psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane. Gamers will move in the shadows, instigate fear amongst their enemies and confront The Joker and Gotham City’s most notorious villains who have taken over the asylum. Using a wide range of Batman’s gadgets and abilities, players will become the Invisible Predator and attempt to foil The Joker’s demented scheme.

The NVIDIA PhysX development platform consists of a robust physics engine, API, and middleware designed to give developers and animators unprecedented creative control over the look of their final in-game interactivity by allowing them to author and preview physics in real time. To take advantage of PhysX technology in Batman: Arkham Asylum, players must have a compatible NVIDIA GPU and a copy of the Games for Windows LIVE version of the game, which will be available beginning September 15th, 2009, in North America, and September 18th, 2009, in Europe and Australia.

Batman: Arkham Asylum™ will also be available for the Xbox 360? video game and entertainment system from Microsoft? and PLAYSTATION?3 computer entertainment system from August 25th, 2009, in North America and August 28th, 2009, in Europe and Australia.

For more information on Batman: Arkham Asylum™, visit www.batmanarkhamasylum.com and for more information on NVIDIA PhysX technology, please visit www.nvidia.com/physx.

http://www.vg247.com/2009/08/06/batman-pc-...-support-physx/

yeah I could care less about Physx..... so going to get it for xbox instead of waiting an extra month.

Just played the demo on the 360. I love the game, I love how they have made Batman play. I feel like I am Batman, I do agree that it might get repetitive after a few hours of play.

Overall I am very excited about this game now.

Audioboxer: How can you not enjoy Kevin Conroy doing Batman? I think maybe only one line felt a big forced, but if anyone is the voice of Batman, it is Kevin Conroy. He has been the voice of Batman since 1992. No other actor comes close into as many hours as him for the voice of Batman. Not even Adam West.

In the demo he just sounds like a pansy.

Woohooo downloading now

UPDATE: Like others said, I never expected it to be this good! I normally don't like action-kind of games, but this game is superb! (not to mention interesting dialogues and stuffs). Try it, guys!

Edited by :: Lyon ::

Well I'll play this after work sometime today. I would really like to play this fully maxed on the PC but with the games drought as is, I really can't stand to wait another month.

Combat feels a bit automated like a glorified quick time event. But the sneaking about and grappling bits are fun. Makes a change from the usual **** weak batman games.

heck I cant believe they are even making it for PC. Seems like everyone these days are saying PC gaming is dead and they are all moving to consoles..

Makes me so mad :angry:

lol wat

PC gaming ftw!

The graphics for this game on consoles is not good. I thought/think it is compressed or something b/c there are times when the colors pallets are so minimal I had to make a disgusted face at my TV. At times, It looked like I was watching HD video off YouTube.

- Slow motion 1 button combat is freakin' lame. There is no need to counter. I didn't know they had such gentlemen in asylums. They refuse to gang up on you and instead politely wait 'til you beat the crap out of their twin.

- Batman shouldn't have antlers coming out of the top of his head.

- Let's just put big gargoyles all over the inside of a building so that I can swing to them any time at will and no one will ever see me b/c people just don't look up... wtf?

+ It's voice over work is pretty good, especially with the joker.

I am not impressed, not amused, not even pleased with this. It's just another dumb super hero game.

And to you guys talking about hours of demo d/l'ing? wth?? I can d/l any demo on PSN in under 10 minutes tops, move out of your caves.

Edited by madd-hatter

The graphics for this game on consoles is not good. I thought/think it is compressed or something b/c there are times when the colors pallets are so minimal I had to make a disgusted face at my TV.

Slow motion 1 button combat is freakin' lame. Batman shouldn't have antlers coming out of the top of his head.

I am not impressed, not amused, not even pleased with this. It's just another dumb super hero game.

And to you guys talking about hours of demo d/l'ing? wth?? I can d/l any demo on PSN in under 10 minutes tops, move out of your caves.

So you download @ 2.3 megabytes a second? (demo is roughly 1400mb).

ShippingPC-BmGame%202009-08-07%2007-16-09-40.jpg

Makes me want to get the PC version :p

Physx differences,

Steam looks awesome.

Also, OPM scans

1249651880-030.jpg

1249651880-031.jpg

1249651880-032.jpg

1249651880-043.jpg

1249651880-044.jpg

1249651880-045.jpg

1249651880-056.jpg

Edited by Audioboxer

Physx differences,

Wow.. that's CRAZY.

I'm so happy I'm giving the PC demo a try next..

Played the 360 demo. Got bored trying to isolate armed guards that kill you extremely quickly if you walk out in front of them. Will pass, not my sort of game.

So you don't like the fact that you actually have to be like Batman and be stealthly on occasion?! :laugh:

I think I had the most fun in the bit where Joker says "I love each and every single one of you, what you lack in brains you have in heart, and speaking of heart, bring me Batman's.. Hehehheheh!!!!"

It's so distinctly Paul Dini's writing it makes me smile.

This may be a PC buy for me if it comes to steam..