[Official] Batman: Arkham Asylum

So you don't like the fact that you actually have to be like Batman and be stealthly on occasion?! :laugh:

Like I said, not my sort of game :rolleyes: You make it sound as if I'm weird for not finding walking up behind enemies and pressing Y over and over extremely enjoyable.

Ignore Madd Hatter AB, he just instant hates anything I like these days. He has some lame agenda against me.

Coincidence.

You like this game?

Why? Seriously, I want to know.

The one thing I will admit I didn't like was the fact you have to do Quicktime events to open grates and etc.

Those seem to be a little out of place. :(

Though I will admit, I had one sequence that just blew my mind in the demo, in the aforementioned scene with all the guys walking around,..

I was walking around, with two nervous guys .. one called out "OH MY GOD.. HERES ANOTHER ONE.." and the other baddy, ran over to him .... leaned down .. I stealthed up, took him down, jumped into the grate below, before the other one took notice, he panicked his buddy just went down .. started going nuts, and started looking all over the place.. and BAM I snuck up behind him... and took him out..

So awesome.

Coincidence.

You like this game?

Are you gay? Seriously, I want to know.

This is the best Batman game that we have seen upto this point...its the first game that gives you the abilities and control Batman has.

I'm not an admin on here, but I'm going to kindly ask you to not use Gay as a derogatory term, please.

If he doesn't like it, he doesn't like it. Let him.

It's no big deal.

Have to say PC version with Physx beats everything hands down. The added effects makes it look incredible. One thing, I cannot find the options again for physx etc after I have already ran the game, how can I get them back? I wanted to play with different resolutions etc but cannot now for some reason.

This is the best Batman game that we have seen upto this point...its the first game that gives you the abilities and control Batman has.

Wow. The best Batman game? That is saying a lot.

Coincidence.

You like this game?

When you go out of your way to post comments like "I was looking for a reason to hate this game", (like you did in the Battlefield 1943 topic), it's more than just "coincidence".

And yes I like the game because..

1: it involves action

2: it involves stealth

3: they've put a lot of effort into recreating the Batman world

4: I'm getting the game for less than half price, on release.

5: it's fun!

When you go out of your way to post comments like "I was looking for a reason to hate this game", (like you did in the Battlefield 1943 topic), it's more than just "coincidence".

And yes I like the game because..

1: it involves action

2: it involves stealth

3: they've put a lot of effort into recreating the Batman world

4: I'm getting the game for less than half price, on release.

5: it's fun!

Well, I assure you, I'm not hating on games just because you like them. The battlefield thing is different. I hate/hated it because I liked it. I couldn't play just 3 maps with just 3 classes over and over again. I would have rather bought a full version of it than play what it turned out to be. It seemed too much like leftovers. It is a good engine but it just isn't finished so I like it but I hate it... lol?

And Batman... I just don't like this game at all.

Going by your numbers you should like MGS4!

Well, I assure you, I'm not hating on games just because you like them. The battlefield thing is different. I hate/hated it because I liked it. I couldn't play just 3 maps with just 3 classes over and over again. I would have rather bought a full version of it than play what it turned out to be. It seemed too much like leftovers. It is a good engine but it just isn't finished so I like it but I hate it... lol?

And Batman... I just don't like this game at all.

Going by your numbers you should like MGS4!

mgs4.jpg

? ;)

Loved it apart from the boring ass cut scenes and there was too much action vs stealth.

Played the 360 demo. Got bored trying to isolate armed guards that kill you extremely quickly if you walk out in front of them. Will pass, not my sort of game.

Whoa, wait, what? You died in the demo? I never had to worry about dying while playing the demo...not sure what you were playing but I ran up to a few inmates and was shot a few times as well and never died...

The PhysX demo actually makes me want to get the PC version.

Just played the demo, and just as I expected, it's fairly mediocre. The fighting system is simple as hell; taken straight from Prince of Persia. The graphics are alright, but nothing special. The gameplay is too linear as well. Go to a room, kick these guys arses, proceed to next room, rinse and repeat. It was a huge download (1.6GB) for just 10 minutes of gameplay. No wonder Eidos were holding back most of the reviews.

Whoa, wait, what? You died in the demo?

It's not a one-off. I died once as well trying to take out the armed guards in the last scene a bit stupidly. Inverted takedown on the first one, then I tried to glide kick the second one, but the third one was right next to him, so I died in about three seconds. :p

Just washed the Physx video and I can't believe they didn't implement a few of things into the console versions; sparks and fog could have been done. The only thing that I think would be cool is the destructible terrain, again it could probably be down without Physx but whatever. Too bad I can't wait for the PC version. :p

FYI, if you want to set the screen resolution again, or mess with the settings again and are running Win7 or Vista then right click the demo icon in Games and choose launcher.

As a bit of fun try doing the last mission without using the gargoyles at all or using the vision mode :p

How do you get into the room with a breakable wall after rescuing the first guard?

And lastly, has anyone found any more than two Riddler question marks?

It sucks that they dont use any alternative physics engine to Physix. If you dont have an Nvidia card, you can not break nor move anything in the game.... Also has sound issues with Realtek Sound chip

I am not buying it... Will wait for Steam discount and get it when it drops to $9.99

I am not going to get PC version, I can't/don't want to spend any money on pc anymore. Forking out couple of hundred dollars every couple of month just to play a some game isn't worth it anymore.

I am not going to get PC version, I can't/don't want to spend any money on pc anymore. Forking out couple of hundred dollars every couple of month just to play a some game isn't worth it anymore.

Uh that's a load of nonsense, you do not need to fork out hundreds every couple of months to play new games on a PC at high resolution/settings.

I've not changed my processor in 2 years, my graphics card was replaced 2 months ago (old card was a 7600GT, years old), and my memory is like 9 or 10 months old.

E6600 @ 3.4ghz

9800GTX+

4GB 1066

You ain't going to be doing 1900x1200 16xAA Extreme Textures unless you keep up relatively well with the hardware trend but it doesn't take a lot to make a PC game look better than a console game, mid settings/resolution with minor AA and you're probably better looking already.