uTorrent_Logo_by_SnowShade.png

?Torrent is an efficient and feature rich BitTorrent client for Windows sporting a very small footprint. It was designed to use as little cpu, memory and space as possible while offering all the functionality expected from advanced clients. With BitTorrent, you can download files faster and contribute by sharing files and bandwidth.

Release Notes:>

• uTP has been improved significantly over the previous alpha, with many bugs fixed and performance improvements. It's no longer hidden in Advanced settings.
  • The setup dialog has been overhauled to make it much easier to use and with a built-in speed test. It's still not quite complete yet, but this will give you a good taste of what we're up to with it!
  • Transfer caps are now configurable, with usage tracking and graphs.
Changelog:>
  • Change: disable toolbar offers for Wine installs
  • Feature: New Setup guide & Speedtest.
  • Change: uninstaller is added to all user profiles
  • Fix: crash when assigning new label to torrents from RSS
  • Change: Incomplete downloads sort after completed downloads if sorting by "Completed On"
  • Feature: Add Moldova to peer flags
  • Change: Added upnp host cache to speed up upnp nat resolution on misbehaving routers
  • Fix: maintain category list selection on update for some edge cases
  • Change: if selected, install start menu and desktop shortcuts to all users instead of only current user
  • Feature: Grayscale disabled toolbar buttons
  • Fix: fixed uTP selective ack bug (would cause connections to stall and time out)
  • Fix: fixed uTP fast re-send bug (would sometimes re-send packets that shouldn't be re-sent)
  • Change: prompt to take associations in installer only if any others exist
  • Fix: buffer overrun vulnerability in create torrent dialog
  • Fix: uTP recovers faster after timeout
  • Feature: uTP supports window sizes smaller than the packet size
  • Change: reduced uTP overhead slightly by ramping up packet sizes at lower rates
  • Feature: enable and disable toolbar buttons according to selected torrents
  • Change: UAC must be completed to install in Vista or higher
  • Fix: memory leaks in main window, protocol associations, settings dialog, general tab
  • Change: Tweaks to Ask toolbar offer
  • Feature: UDP tracker support
  • Fix: only change run on startup if installer is shown
  • Change: added support for 3:rd party applications to more easily be configured to access the uTorrent web UI, i.e. to pair the applications
  • Fix: make "alternate upload rate when seeding" apply when the seeding is set by the scheduler
  • Fix: align "Web Seeds" in torrent creation dialog
  • Fix: translated strings in uninstaller
  • Fix: http seeds would not reconnect after stopping and starting torrent
  • Fix: http seed for multifile torrents
  • Fix: regression in 15562 that caused frequent crashes
  • Feature: New installer with EULA, file association
  • Fix: uTP issue on low-latency high-throughput networks
  • Fix: copying long filenames to clipboard no longer results in garbage or crash
  • Fix: fixed web seed support for multi-file torrents
  • Change: torrent whose "Force Recheck" is greyed out will not recheck when asked through multi-torrent selections
  • Fix: when adding torrents through URLs via commandline, we would always open the add torrent dialog
  • Fix: handle multi file torrents with web seed urls that incorrectly don't end with a slash
  • Fix: make sure web seed urls end with a slash for multifile torrents
  • Fix: setup Vista firewall
  • Fix: remove settings on Vista during un-installation
  • Feature: New "Transfer Cap" pane in Preferences
  • Feature: uTP can be enabled or disabled using "Enable bandwidth management" checkbox in Preferences
  • Fix: Check at startup for incompatible versions of NVIDIA nForce firewall

souricon.gif News source: Official website

softicon.gif Download: ?Torrent 2.0 - Beta

Edited by smashguy

major improvement is UDP tracker support.

Unless, it was already implemented in all those previous betas.

Transfer caps are now configurable, with usage tracking and graphs.

Are graphs really necessary now?

banned from a lot of private trackers I use :l

Why? And what version do they say you can use?

Why? And what version do they say you can use?

Private trackers generally whitelist clients that they know work correctly- things like they contact the tracker when they are supposed to, they don't lie about their stats, treat all peers fairly, etc.

I found a bug already.. I have no torrents running and my "Transfer Cap" inside the preferences panel keeps counting up...

I found a bug already.. I have no torrents running and my "Transfer Cap" inside the preferences panel keeps counting up...

Maybe it tracks ALL bandwidth.

Maybe it tracks ALL bandwidth.

That's what I thought too at first, but I downloaded a 1MB file with Firefox yet ?Torrent's Transfer Cap bandwidth history only increased by about 0.1kB.

I quickly checked the ?Torrent forums and didn't find any info about this new feature.

@BinaryFragger:

Not a new feature, nor a bug. Sometimes, even in 1.8.3, you'll see your seeding torrents have 0.1 kb/sec download. It's ?Torrent receiving data and it's being overly sensitive about counting it.

Private trackers generally whitelist clients that they know work correctly- things like they contact the tracker when they are supposed to, they don't lie about their stats, treat all peers fairly, etc.

I'm on a bunch of private trackers and the latest version of uTorrent is always appreciated. A large chunk of us were using 1.9 Alpha due to the uTP support.

What did happen to 1.9 anyways? Never came out of alpha and they just skipped right up to 2.0?

What did happen to 1.9 anyways? Never came out of alpha and they just skipped right up to 2.0?

Things like that happen quite often in the software industry, there were probably enough changes in the 1.9 Alphas to make it a major version change.

Edited by Comic Book Guy