What was the last movie you watched?

Thats-my-boy-poster.jpg

9/10 hilarious. Was worried since last few sandlers weren't that good but this was old dirty sandler (happy gilmore era).

The last full movie I watched was Men in Black III.

I've started watching LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition on Blu-Ray, but haven't finished it yet.

K...And your thoughts on MIB 3?...

Poseidon in 3D, one of the very few movies I've seen this year, and the one I regret watching most.

10 minutes after the start, it went downhill. Rallied a bit towards the end, but ended up bottom.

Indie Game: The Movie

MV5BMjA5NTUzMjQ1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzc1MzQ4Nw@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

Very good documentary actually, and the fact it is about my favorite past time really makes it incredibly interesting.

The filmmakers really picked the game creators that they focused on brilliantly as well, all very much "characters," and the viewer winds up developing pretty strong feelings about their characteristics really early on, so you are then invested in seeing their progress, both positive and negative, throughout the movie. Just really well done actually. Typing it out, it is exactly all of the elements that make a documentary following the making of something successful.

Highly recommended to anyone who has an interest in video games.

Strongly recommended to anyone who has played either Braid, Super Meat Boy, or Fez, as it is the 3 games they follow.

Funny enough, I truly was into Super Meat Boy when it was released. I was one of the people the film actually touches upon who purchased it Day 1.

After seeing the film, I now love Super Meat Boy. Just such an interesting team behind making it, and easily the most likeable developers of the movie.

8.5/10

Have off from work today, and since my wife does not have much interest in it, going to do a solo trip to the movie theater and go check out Brave in 3D. Hoping it continues the Pixar tradition. Will report back in about 4 hours or so if it does.

Have off from work today, and since my wife does not have much interest in it, going to do a solo trip to the movie theater and go check out Brave in 3D. Hoping it continues the Pixar tradition. Will report back in about 4 hours or so if it does.

hit me up later today. Id like to hear your thoughts. The first review I read gave it 6/10 stars which surprises me a bit for a Pixar film.

Brave-Merida-Poster.jpeg

Brave - 8/10

Thought it was a damn good movie.

Since I am pretty critical on movies, I do have a few things to note that I think detracted from it slightly. But overall I have so many more positives...

The (pretty much only) Bad

The biggest issue I have is the music that was used in a few scenes. It was those scenes that have no dialogue really and show a sequence of events in order to progress the story. The music was just cheesy. Had vocals in it, a famous Scottish women signer apparently, so it was trying to be that traditional Gaelic type music but with a modern twist on it. Just seemed to detract from the movie instead of enhance it. Felt really forced, to the point it was clearly used as the type of music they are hoping will sell the soundtrack of have little girls and disney moms singing along to it in their soccer mom caravans.

The Good

Everything else was pretty much fantastic. The characters were great. The always present Pixar humor for the adults was definitely there. The overall message was as always a positive "life lesson" one. The animation and visuals, as expected, top notch. Just a damn good movie all around.

About The 3D

I did see it in 3D, but it was an older 3D theater, not a modern one. So the issue of dark scenes being extra dark in 3D because the projector is not the type that should be used when digital 3D is displayed really did make some scenes incredibly dark. Would not have even been anything to note if not for the fact a decent amount of the movie actually takes place at night, so there are a lot of scenes that are in the dark actually. But that obviously has nothing to do with the movie itself, but just worth noting for people who might also be seeing it in older theaters that do 3D.

The Short Before The Movie

LaLuna_RGB.jpg

La Luna was the short before Brave, and it was really, really good. Totally cute, but not in a cheesy way at all. Just the way the characters talk is hilarious, and it was maybe 10 minutes long if that, but told a nice little story about the importance of family. Definitely make sure to make it in time to watch it as well. (Y)

Again, just a damn good movie overall.

The trailers IIRC were Finding Nemo 3D re-release, Monsters University, new Ice Age, and the little Despicable Me trailer were the little yellow guys are just singing. Oh yeah, apparently the short before the new Ice Age movie is going to be a short that features Maggie from The Simpsons. Was a super quick teaser, literally just a still poster with a voice over, but got me excited to see it.