What was the last movie you watched?

301zO.jpg

4.5/5 - amazing!

Same, last movie I watched. Had some great laughs, and was awesome they had most if not all of the old cast.

The Devil's Rock - recommended from this forum. I liked it, the wife not so much.

Tower Heist - not bad but hoped for more laughs.

Michael - perfectly acted and directed!

301zO.jpg

4.5/5 - amazing!

Same here, loved the film!

Definitely worth them making another.

Coincidence a couple of people have just seen this? :ninjapirate:

American Pie Reunion.

An excellent breath-taking sequel.As i was expection 9/10.Waiting for the extras and urrated version!

Just got back from seeing The Amazing Spiderman

I guess if the Tobi movies never existed it would have been pretty good. But they do exist, and I thought they were done much better.

I actually prefer the CGI from those movies over this movie. Even though they are clearly more advanced in this newer iteration, I felt they had more soul on the original 3 movies.

This movie was like watching a terribly busy cut scene from a video game. I am glad I did not see the movie in 3D as I believe they could have potentially been disorienting.

Just I dont know, something was off about this movie big time for me.

I think one big reason is Peter Parker in this version is not all that likeable IMHO. I get this is the "darker" version of Spiderman, but yeah, not that big of a fan. I mean for the love of god, he rides a skateboard now.

I get they are trying to revive the franchise for a younger market, but my old man ass is not on board with the direction. And I do not think I am being a grumpy old man. I just do think the original films with Tobi had more heart to them. I would imagine a decent amount of younger kids would find that aspect cheesy about them, but to me it is what made them good movies, and not just good super hero based movies, if that makes any sense.

6/10

Just got back from seeing The Amazing Spiderman

I guess if the Tobi movies never existed it would have been pretty good. But they do exist, and I thought they were done much better.

I actually prefer the CGI from those movies over this movie. Even though they are clearly more advanced in this newer iteration, I felt they had more soul on the original 3 movies.

This movie was like watching a terribly busy cut scene from a video game. I am glad I did not see the movie in 3D as I believe they could have potentially been disorienting.

Just I dont know, something was off about this movie big time for me.

I think one big reason is Peter Parker in this version is not all that likeable IMHO. I get this is the "darker" version of Spiderman, but yeah, not that big of a fan. I mean for the love of god, he rides a skateboard now.

I get they are trying to revive the franchise for a younger market, but my old man ass is not on board with the direction. And I do not think I am being a grumpy old man. I just do think the original films with Tobi had more heart to them. I would imagine a decent amount of younger kids would find that aspect cheesy about them, but to me it is what made them good movies, and not just good super hero based movies, if that makes any sense.

6/10

I haven't seen it yet, but it's like I don't want to. Especially with the new Lizard design.. just blah. As I said in the Official Spiderman thread.. I'd rather have Conner turn into a lizard with a snout...not half human half lizard. lol.

zurkg.jpg

3.5/5 - It's taken like 7 years to see the light of day this movie due to production issues and rewrites etc and I finally saw it today and I will say its to long but certainly has a message. Anna Paquin is faultless in this movie.