._. File won't go away

Okay so I've had OSx86 on my PC for ages and used Windows only when I ever needed too, but I have now switched completely back to Windows.

OS X has created stupid .filename files all over my hard drive. Now, I can delete them all, apart from one that refuses to be deleted.

File:

th__png.png

When I try to delete it I get this:

cannotdelete.png

I have tried using 'unlocker' software, but they all say that the file isn't there. I don't have OS X on here anymore so I can't boot to that.

Any ideas would be great :)

Thanks

-James

Have you tried deleting file in safe mode ? Or maybe you could try booting a linux livecd and try to delete the file.

I have tried removing it in safe mode it tells me it can't find the file :p. I was hoping there would be a way to delete it in Windows because I will have to download and burn a linux CD otherwise and then might find that won't delete it either.

I've tried the Delete command in CMD too, that also says it cannot find the file. I've tried renaming it to something else, to be told it cannot find the file lol.

File not found :(

Anyone know of some really small linux I can boot from my USB drive and delete this?

Trying that now, I don't think it is working though. I just get this:

Starting up...

Monitoring folder: E:

Monitoring for files with the string: ._.

Script startup complete. Waiting...

(._.) Hello!

(._.) Hi there :)

That won't work, I cannot take ownership of a file that windows doesn't believe exists.

I'd give chkdsk /f a try.

If this script fails I shall give that a go.

[EDIT] Okay the chkdsk didn't fix it :(

[EDIT] It appears the vbs script doesn't remove it either :(

Edited by James_478

The vb script seems to monitor the directory and denies the creation of such files. sad it does not delete them.

I see :(

So I cannot delete this. How about linux, VERY small distro I can put on my USB pen?

Formatting the drive isn't an option.

You give this a try.

http://www.jrtwine.com/Products/DelFXPFiles/

There is Damn Small Linux or Puppy Linux. You would need one that supports has ntfs write (ntfs-3g). I don't know if those come it.

No longer need the Linux :p

You sir are amazing :) DelFXPFiles has removed it. Thank you so much.