England VS Holland Friendly

I just had to start a thread on this one, its more of a case of...

WTF :/

Sloppy and unorganised defending, not a lot of final product in the attacking third. Very disappointing performance this. Although there is no doubt there has been an improvement under Capello, but this and the match against Spain has made it abundantly clear that we are far from being the finished article.

Get your finger out guys

Green is crap and the defending is farcical. I hope Capello puts on Robinson or Carson and takes Heskey off, offside or losing possesion whenever we get forward and he hasn't had one shot on goal!

I feel sorry for Rooney, we miss Gerard (it's plain to see) and if James was there in goal, we wouldn't be 2 down right now. Green simply doesn't look like he belongs there, and his defenders who are visibly ignoring him proves it.

England 0 - 2 Holland

Norway 4 - 0 Scotland (10 man squad)

simply lol

OK just looked this up, where are you getting Norway 4, Scotland 0 from? According to websites I visit says it was a 0-0 draw.

Good result in the end, but the defending is still an area of concern for me. Clearly improvement is needed if we are to mount any form of world cup challenge. The fact that the dutch played poorly by their own standards doesn't credit us much either, they put out a beatable team this evening.

OK just looked this up, where are you getting Norway 4, Scotland 0 from? According to websites I visit says it was a 0-0 draw.

Appologies. Was looking at Saturdays results, not todays

good to see past and present west ham players bulking up the england team...I counted 8 out of the 11 at one time in the second half :D

Although I wanted England to win I guess there is always a little smile when a Liverpool player scores.

Johnson was cack though.

Or as the wools call him, "Glenno Jonno".

good to see past and present west ham players bulking up the england team...I counted 8 out of the 11 at one time in the second half :D

Reckon there will be riots when you play Milwall in the cup? Night game as well?

Green is crap... I hope Capello puts on Robinson

I can't tell if you were being serious or not, you've got to be having a laugh.

For an out of season friendly I don't think England were all that bad. The glaring errors that led to the goals usually get sorted once the season starts and players start pay attention again.

It's also worth remembering that like England, Holland have also just won 7/7 world cup qualifiers. It's not like we were supposed to just roll over them but to come back from 2-0 down away isnt a bad show at all.

My brother remains adamant that Green is a good keeper, but I think he's terrible. I really wish Capello would call up Manuel Almunia. He's a British citizen now, so he's finally allowed to play for us, but Capello refuses to call him up just because he's Spanish.

Johnson was cack though.

Or as the wools call him, "Glenno Jonno".

Yep i'd agree with that, although I personally wasn't pinning my hopes on him being anything more than a slight bit of squad reinforcement anyway.

My brother remains adamant that Green is a good keeper, but I think he's terrible. I really wish Capello would call up Manuel Almunia. He's a British citizen now, so he's finally allowed to play for us, but Capello refuses to call him up just because he's Spanish.

I thought that Green was pretty good. Also is Almunia still eligible to play for England? I thought he'd played for spain?

is Almunia still eligible to play for England? I thought he'd played for spain?

Nope, he's still uncapped for the Spanish senior side (and if you see Spain's top goalies, you'll see why Almunia will possibly never be called up by Spain), and now that he's got his English citizenship, he's fully eligible to play for England. It's just a matter of whether Fabio Capello will actually call him up.

If Capello doesn't call him up, then internationally, it'll be a very good talent gone to waste. He'll never get called up to the Spanish squad as Iker Casillas is their current first-choice; he's 28, Almunia is 32. And even if Casillas retires before Almunia, there's still Jose Manuel Reina, who's 26.

When Almunia plays for England football will die a little bit more.

Yep i'd agree with that, although I personally wasn't pinning my hopes on him being anything more than a slight bit of squad reinforcement anyway.

I think he'll be good for Liverpool. He is a bit suspect defensively, but I am hoping Rafa will sort that.

Nope, he's still uncapped for the Spanish senior side (and if you see Spain's top goalies, you'll see why Almunia will possibly never be called up by Spain), and now that he's got his English citizenship, he's fully eligible to play for England. It's just a matter of whether Fabio Capello will actually call him up.

If Capello doesn't call him up, then internationally, it'll be a very good talent gone to waste. He'll never get called up to the Spanish squad as Iker Casillas is their current first-choice; he's 28, Almunia is 32. And even if Casillas retires before Almunia, there's still Jose Manuel Reina, who's 26.

Yep, as a Liverpool fan I am familiar with Reina :D and yeah, I agree that Almunia is a good keeper, I am surprised if he is eligible that he hasn't even been tried by England

When Almunia plays for England football will die a little bit more.

I think he'll be good for Liverpool. He is a bit suspect defensively, but I am hoping Rafa will sort that.

Guess we will see. Personally I don't see the problem with it if he has dual citizenship, but I guess that's a personal thing.

I agree that Almunia is a good keeper, I am surprised if he is eligible that he hasn't even been tried by England

Best guess is they're probably trying to keep everyone native, even though most of the other top national sides in the world (Germany, Portugal, etc.) have foregin players themselves. Germany have Lukas Podolski and Miroslav Klose, who are both actually Polish. And Portugal have Deco, who's Brazillian.