Xbox Games Worth Getting...?!

Hey, umm... well i got ma Xbox on thursday, only with Halo ... as 2 be honest, i didn't have a clue what else is worth a look?! ... In the past, i don't / didn't play games so much, but i fancied something new, and Halo looked Awesome ... It Certainly lives up to that, its totally Awesome ... the two player Co-op is Sweet!

Besides wanting some recommendations for some sweet games worth Rent, Or buying i had a few questions. The guy in Game was talking about Xbox live and all that ... sounds cool, and apparently it works thru ma current ADSL Conection. But how does it work ... do you have to pay for anything? Subscriptions and all ... ? ... How much is the 'starter kit' or whatever the F**k they call it? (UK prices ;))

i had some other questions too, but i forgot now i came 2 posting.. LOL

Ah well, if anyone will be so kind as 2 reply, without saying search yada ... cuz i did that already ... and Doom 3, Deus Ex, Halo 2 and etc look Sweet ... Or Flaming me or wat'ev ... that'd be apreciated ;)

Cheers

Edit : .. oh, and any sites worth a check ... plz no Smartass "xbox.com" crap ... ;)

Halo 2, Unreal Championship. That's all I'm really interested in (that's not coming out on PC), to be honest. Gunvalkyrie is also decent if you can stand a hard game with below-par controls.

Only games for Xbox that really jump out at me are Halo, and Panzer Dragoon Orta.

But there are alot of Xbox games coming out later this year and next that look real good, like Fable, Mythica, Halo 2, Doom3 port, Starcraft Ghost, Crimson Skies, Soul Caliber 2.

After this winter it might actually make sense to own a X box.

i just bought my xbox last week, it should be here on tuesday. so far i've bought: halo, tiger woods 2003, project gotham racing, amped, ssx tricky, ncaa football 2003, silent hill, timesplitters 2, splinter cell, rallisport challenge and jetset future radio.

in the states, you can get the live starter kit (headset + 12 months online) for about $50 bucks.

Ofcuz its always gonna be a matter of taste what you like or don't like, but here's my current favs. Soul Calibur 2, MotoGP2, PDOrta is good too, the NHL Hitz series, TOCA, Rally Fusion, Mortal Kombat, Kung Fu Chaos, Splinter Cell (!)..... Mech Assault.. Well a lot actually :blink: You can always do a BBuster rental and try them out before buying. Good luck. Coming releases include Brute Force, Midtown Madness 3, DOOM3, BC.... we have a nice time coming ;) Good luck.

Welcome to the XBox owners club ;)

Splinter Cell is definatly one to get, if you like beat 'em ups then dead or alive 3 is good (bargain at ?20) theres not that many beat 'em ups around for xbox really, the only other one I can recommend is Tao Feng. If you like racers then MotoGP 2 is an essentail purchase, also check out Project Gotham Racing. .

Other titles worth a look are panzer dragoon orta and Jetset radio future. With Jetset radio future it may be worth playing it before hand because its a bit of a 'marmite' game - you'll either love it or hate it.

I could go on listing games (I have over 20) but I'll be boring you.

Like dabozz said, the Xbox has some quality titles on the way so you've definatly made a wise purchase.

I've bought Halo, MotoGP 2 and Live so far (haven't got my Xbox yet) and these are the games I'm getting on Saturday:

Project Gotham Racing

Amped

Colin Mcrae Rally 3

Shenmue 2

Tiger Woods 2003

Jet Set Radio Future

Rallisport Challenge

Dead or Alive 3

Tony Hawks 4

They're all pretty decent, there were a lot of decent games shown at E3 as well so there''s more to come.

I've bought Halo, MotoGP 2 and Live so far (haven't got my Xbox yet) and these are the games I'm getting on Saturday:

Project Gotham Racing

Amped

Colin Mcrae Rally 3

Shenmue 2

Tiger Woods 2003

Jet Set Radio Future

Rallisport Challenge

Dead or Alive 3

Tony Hawks 4

They're all pretty decent, there were a lot of decent games shown at E3 as well so there''s more to come.

umm someone forget halo? :angry:

Colin mcrae rally rocks, didnt think much of ralisport challdge , soon to come out are brute force and midtown madness which come out in a month which are highly worth getting

and tim, read what he said again

Project Gotham Racing

Amped

Colin Mcrae Rally 3

Shenmue 2

Tiger Woods 2003

Jet Set Radio Future

Rallisport Challenge

Dead or Alive 3

Tony Hawks 4

Haha, you didn't get past the first 3 words!

Project Gotham Racing

Amped

Colin Mcrae Rally 3

Shenmue 2

Tiger Woods 2003

Jet Set Radio Future

Rallisport Challenge

Dead or Alive 3

Tony Hawks 4

Haha, you didn't get past the first 3 words!

you edited it! :blink:

lol, :sleep:

Just been playing co-op Halo for the past 4 hours on legendary. Confirmed it's status as one of the best games of all time.

Just been playing co-op Halo for the past 4 hours on legendary. Confirmed it's status as one of the best games of all time.

I couldn't agree more.

I've rented a few games recently, and I must say, Burnout 2 is freakin awesome. You HAVE to try that out. Currently I rented Enter the Matrix, and it's pretty good. Maybe interested in buying this one. I just don't know yet.

yeah, i've heard burnout 2 is a lot of fun, esp. the crash mode. i think i migh have to pick that one up. hehe, daz, nice taste in games, we both picked up practically the same list for our new boxes :p

anyone else here a fan of timesplitters 2? i've played it some on the ps2, and thought it was a blast.

Timesplitters 2, Rallisport Challenge, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2, Colin McRae, Midnight Club 2, Splinter Cell, 007 NightFire... I could go on and on.

And let's not forget Halo 2 next year. If there is any game worth buying an xbox for it's that.

I can't wait! :D

Buying my Xbox on Friday (hopefully, if my money has gotten into my account by then, otherwise i'll have to wait until Monday). Already got Halo and I'm looking forward to trying it out. I haven't liked the little I played in the past (just for a couple of minutes at a time), but it might be a lot different if I learn the controls if such. I figure there has to be a reason why people call it "the greatest game ever made".. :D

LOL Dazzla, How can u control 2 playa's @ once? :p :p

j/p

yea, i agree, Halo is totally AWESOME! I didn't believe the hype, til i played it! ... it surely IS CLASS!

thanks for suggestions guys ...

What do u make of unreal championship, Ghost Recon and Desert Storm (all 'offline' where it applies ;))

Cheers

Buying my Xbox on Friday (hopefully, if my money has gotten into my account by then, otherwise i'll have to wait until Monday). Already got Halo and I'm looking forward to trying it out. I haven't liked the little I played in the past (just for a couple of minutes at a time), but it might be a lot different if I learn the controls if such. I figure there has to be a reason why people call it "the greatest game ever made".. :D

Yeah, on the default controls it felt cumbersome as hell for me and I was getting ****ed. Once I put the controls on Legacy I was roaring through there :D

You should try and get used to the default controls if possible - most first person games base their control scheme on halo's defaults, and not all allow you to change it.

The Games I've currently got I would reccommend, although there are many other quality titles (I've just either completed them and not felt like playing them again, or played them so much I don't want to play them anymore :p)

Ghost Recon, Halo, Morrowind, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Phantasy Star Online, RTCW, Splinter Cell, Tiger Woods 2k3, Unreal Championship.

Check IGN xbox's reviews, pretty much all of the ones that got 9+ should have. The only one I can think of that didn't deserve it was Wreckless.

The only XBox game I've bought since the 3 that came with the original package (I picked DOA3, Halo and Project Gotham Racing) is Splinter Cell, which is freakin awesome.