Xbox Games Worth Getting...?!

I recommend Dead to Rights, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and Brute Force. Just got it yesterday but it's awesome. Also Halo on XBConnect is super fun and addicting but free.

Just got my Xbox now. I lucked out and got a Samsung DVD in it, which reads CD-R and stuff. Yay :) Opening the Xbox up was a lot easier than I thought too. Now I'm just waiting for my X2 Lite, and then I'm good to go. D0 looked veeery small, but I think I'll manage soldering to it if I just get some practice first :)

did i read that Xboxs as standard didn't read CDR's?! ... i just copied my copy of R Kelly's "Chocolate Factory" to the HDD. It read no Problem!

Depends on what DVD drive it came with. The Samsungs can read all media except DVD+, the Thomsons and older Philips drives don't read CD/DVD-r.

i Must have a Samsung then?! Is there anywhere i can find out, via the software?! I can't be ass'd to open up the box!

Don't know if it's possible through software. But it is possible to determine it based on the pattern of the "drawer" (sorry, can't think of the correct term for it right now, as I'm about ready to pass out.. But anyway, the thing that comes out when you press Eject :D), though I don't know where to find the pictures for comparison. I think someone posted them here a while back, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, if you Xbox is new (as in it's manufacturing date is very recent), I think it's most possible to have a Philips drive, and if it's from around christmas it's probably a Samsung (mine is from 2002-11-04 and has a Samsung).

Games to buy for XBOX are for sure,

Halo, Brute Force, Splinter's Cell, Project Gotham Racing, The Matrix, Burnout 2, Panzer Dragon Orta, Lord of the Rings the Two Towers, Red Faction 2,

Do not get Indiana Jones, Medal of Honor (its a terrible port)

If you want live, get Return to castle wolfenstein. Its better than Unreal championship...