Chicane-UK added to the Moderator Group

Oh noes! Another Brit trying to lay the smack down! Hope you do a better job than Michael Bisping. :D

Just playin! Congratulations!

• 2 weeks later...

Just so there's no confusion or anything - I voluntarily stepped down from the mods group :(

Unfortunately I just have too much on in my life to properly commit guaranteed hours to Neowin every week to do the moderators job justice - I did ponder this before I accepted it, and talked with Barney about it, and thought it'd be ok but after a few weeks at it, I already realised I just didn't have the time and handed in my resignation.

Back to being an MVC for now :) Cheers.

Congrats..

As a side question; how does one get to be an MVC/Moderator?

I'd love to help out around here. o_O.

They find you ;)

Sorry to see you go Chicane-UK!

Just so there's no confusion or anything - I voluntarily stepped down from the mods group :(

Unfortunately I just have too much on in my life to properly commit guaranteed hours to Neowin every week to do the moderators job justice - I did ponder this before I accepted it, and talked with Barney about it, and thought it'd be ok but after a few weeks at it, I already realised I just didn't have the time and handed in my resignation.

Back to being an MVC for now :) Cheers.

Shame :/ Good on you for being upfront (Y) Moderating does take up a good chunk of your free time.

your never going to become one if you ask

Indeed, those people who ask are immediately put on the "blacklist" :ninja:

Radish?

I should be a mod

early april fools

A good choice Chicane if you have too much going on, it'll only add to your stress dealing with moderation issues.

The initiation ceremony wasn't that bad - was it?

Best of luck with whatever you've got going on :).

The initiation ceremony wasn't that bad - was it?

Best of luck with whatever you've got going on :).

A Global Mod made a double post?

Commence your divisions by 0.

Thanks guys. It was a tough decision as Neowin is a great community - but again, I felt it was unfair to tie up a moderator position when I realistically couldn't give it the attention it deserved. I knew it would only have lead to 'awkward conversations' later on down the line when I hadn't been giving enough time to it! I didn't want to have to put any of the g-mods / owners in that position so thought I should bow out now.

If my circumstances change (i.e. I drop out of the other forums I moderate for whatever reason!) I'll be sure to check and see if you still need (or want!) extra help moderating! :)