Windows 7 RTM Updates

Just a heads up for those running Windows 7 RTM.

Some new updates are out in the wild....

-Windows6.1-KB675605-v2 - core and WinPE

-Windows6.1-KB973525 - ActiveX Kilibits

-Windows6.1-KB973874 - Internet Explorer

-Windows6.1-KB974176 - core and WinPE

-Windows6.1-KB974204-v2-localization

-Windows6.1-KB974204 -localization

-Windows6.1-KB974324 -Windows Media Center

-Windows6.1-KB974327-core

-Windows6.1-KB974638-core

-Windows6.1-KB974332-localization

-Windows6.1-KB675606-Drivers-Package

After you upgrade you will have a new version of Windows 7 6.1.7600.16399 (7600.16399.x86fre.win7_gdr.090722-1835 or 7600.16399.x64fre.win7_gdr.090722-1835)

Issues GDR updates contain only those fixes that are available everywhere and are intended to address widespread critical issues.

Some files will change with version 7600.16385 to 7600.16400, 7600.16401

Enjoy.

Edited by BoDEAN

yeh all seems good installed them all

Check modified files after updates to see which files were getting updated, all seems good these are genuine.

These are small hotfixes microsoft will release to OEM's for Installations, feedback from OEMs regarding bugs etc

Scanned computer no viruses spyware ETC, checked network connections nothing suspicous running

Pikey these are released to OEM Manufactures they are mainly bug fixes which OEMs reported.

They won't be released onto Windows Update until release date.

Are these officially ratified updates, or of the untested, 'use at your own risk' type??

Legit, Microsoft Windows 7 updates.....what would the point be of posting something "untested" or "fake?" If you want the updates, you'll have to search the net, as the mods on here have an issue people posting links to windows updates that don't point to "windowsupdate.com"

Actually, a lot of updates are released to the Microsoft sites untested, that you have to contact support for, that is what I meant by untested and 'use at your own risk'.

Yes they seem to be wroking well. One major improvement you will notice is internet explorer and windows media player loading time.

It's really fast now

Downloaded and installed them last night. It seems that IE and Windows Media player load allot quicker. Now IE loads up just as quick, or even quicker then Google chrome does.

Yeah I verified the files I downloaded (made sure they had digital signatures) and installed. No problems here. Don't notice that much of a difference but IE8 does load pretty fast (almost instantly on my machine), though it's hard for me to tell if IE8 was that fast previously as I don't use IE8 much. Also for anyone worried, the updates create restore points so if anything goes wrong you can always just boot into safe mode and use a restore point if necessary (have done it previously in Windows 7 when I shut off a computer mid-update).

It will be best to wait.

Not really..............

I have the updates, can someone please confirm whether these are considered suitable for use in a non-test environment?

They are fine to use, they are from the same people that make your OS.......Microsoft.