A way to defragement digital camera memory?

I was wondering is there a way to defragment or speedup when I am looking through the pictures on my digital camera when I am looking at the pics on my camera in windows 7? Is there a way to defragment or speed it up? Maybe I need a faster memory card?

I was wondering is there a way to defragment or speedup when I am looking through the pictures on my digital camera when I am looking at the pics on my camera in windows 7? Is there a way to defragment or speed it up? Maybe I need a faster memory card?

Faster card is really the only way, just make sure your camera and reader can use the faster card.

Defragmenting is not an option because flash memory does not suffer from fragmentation the same way a HDD does

Defragmenting is useful for a hard drive since a hard drive is mechanical - the read/write heads will have to move to where the data is stored on a platter in order to access it. If a file is fragmented, that means that several parts of that file are scattered all over the HD. Defragmenting will fix this by trying to place all these pieces togeter, so everything is in the same spot on the HD, decreasing seek times.

Since a memory card is solid state, it does not matter if files are fragmented or not, as it is not mechanical (thus no read/write heads that need to seek the data). The only way would be to buy a faster card. Also make sure that if you're using a USB connection to your camera, or a USB card reader, that it is plugged into a hi-speed (USB 2.0) port. If you use an USB 1.1 port, the available bandwidth would be a lot smaller, which would also increase loading times.

I'm trying plugging it into a rear usb jack in case the front ones are 1.1. Thank you for the advice, I think I need a faster memory card, this was a cheap one.

Would a card reader be significantly faster?