Latest PlayStation 3 Firmware Update Thread *V2*

You pay ?40 a year for a few free themes and a 1hour demo of various full games. erm no thanks. And as for LBP, what a crap out, lame game, boring as hell. Most people either own it already, or have owned it and traded it in. So no great incentive to subscriber to this crap. I's just my opinion, and opinions are like ass holes, we all have them, and sometimes they stink, but hey if you agree or disagree thats up to the individual :)

You pay £40 a year for a few free themes and a 1hour demo of various full games. erm no thanks. And as for LBP, what a crap out, lame game, boring as hell. Most people either own it already, or have owned it and traded it in. So no great incentive to subscriber to this crap. I's just my opinion, and opinions are like ass holes, we all have them, and sometimes they stink, but hey if you agree or disagree thats up to the individual :)

You do realize you get content every month, not just one month blink.gif

Wipeout HD is also free this month.

This Playstation Plus thing just seems like a waste of money to me. Why would you want to pay to receive random games that you probably wont like anyway? Who is actually excited that they are giving away Wipeout HD for free?

If Wipeout HD was free just for being free sake I'd still not install it. In-fact if Sony was giving away free Playstation Plus subscriptions for anyone who downloads Wipeout HD (for free) I'd still not install it.

Paying to play buggy betas, Paying to play demos of games that are in themselves supposed to entice you to buy the full game in the first place. The whole thing just seems stupid to me.

Paying for exclusive content like latest news and a few demo's big deal..Subscribers will get a one up on up coming titles lol don't need that, I go to IGN and 1up for my game news and its free :D. Game demo's meh, I hardly download demo's as is.

This Playstation Plus thing just seems like a waste of money to me. Why would you want to pay to receive random games that you probably wont like anyway? Who is actually excited that they are giving away Wipeout HD for free?

I am, I never got around to grabbing it. Tried it out yest and got a few trophies for dossing about on the first campaign mode, it's awesome :p
Paying to play buggy betas, Paying to play demos of games that are in themselves supposed to entice you to buy the full game in the first place. The whole thing just seems stupid to me.
Do you feel the same way about Xbox Live (considering that's exactly what XBL does, except AFAIK they don't give free games and they also require it to even get your arse online), or are you just trolling?

I would have jumped on it by now if you were able to keep the games. Since they are technically renting and not free, I am going to do a wait and see. I am interested to see how others find the service after a couple months of use.

I would have jumped on it by now if you were able to keep the games. Since they are technically renting and not free, I am going to do a wait and see. I am interested to see how others find the service after a couple months of use.

yeah i'm with you on this one we should wait about 6 months and see if any big changes come through especially for the GT5 release, also they should scrap PS Home as it's just a waste of R&D$ and a bad attempt to make ends meet.

yeah i'm with you on this one we should wait about 6 months and see if any big changes come through especially for the GT5 release, also they should scrap PS Home as it's just a waste of R&D$ and a bad attempt to make ends meet.

That won't be happening...

Last week, PlayStation Home took a huge step forward in connecting gamers to their favoritePlayStation titles by bringing the E3 experience directly to their PlayStation 3 consoles via our virtual E3 Booth. We wanted to take a moment to thank each and every one of you, the nearly quarter of a million gamers that have visited the booth since we launched it last Tuesday. In the first day alone we had over 60,000 visitors (compare that to the 46,500 real world attendees — more people visited the PlayStation Home E3 Booth in one day than did the Los Angeles Convention Center for the E3 festivities last week!)
Needless to say, the virtual E3 Booth event space has been a tremendous success. And we have you, the 14 million users that make up the illustrious PlayStation Home community, to thank for that.

http://blog.us.plays...vents-and-more/

Makes too much money from the casual/facebook crowd.

Now Playstation Plus better be giving me some GT5 content for free (Y) I really want the Tales of Monkey Island pack, but I've got a feeling it'll either end up being given out for free or discounted...

I am, I never got around to grabbing it. Tried it out yest and got a few trophies for dossing about on the first campaign mode, it's awesome :p

Do you feel the same way about Xbox Live (considering that's exactly what XBL does, except AFAIK they don't give free games and they also require it to even get your arse online), or are you just trolling?

Apparently because I think this Playstation Plus thing is stupid I'm trolling? -- I also think XBOX Live is a waste of money yes. Won't see me paying out for either of these "Services" if you can even call getting paid access to previously free demos and betas a service. Disservice maybe.

If you want Wipeout HD, buy it. Would have been a lot cheaper than this subscription service. It's not really Free if you have to pay for it. :huh:

Apparently because I think this Playstation Plus thing is stupid I'm trolling? -- I also think XBOX Live is a waste of money yes. Won't see me paying out for either of these "Services" if you can even call getting paid access to previously free demos and betas a service. Disservice maybe.

If you want Wipeout HD, buy it. Would have been a lot cheaper than this subscription service. It's not really Free if you have to pay for it. :huh:

+1

I don't think your trolling at all. I think your 100% right.

Game demos for the past, what, 25-30 years have always been free. You demo the game, if you like it, you buy it. It's that simple.

And paying money to rent games for a year? That is also pretty silly.

There really is no GOOD reason to get the Plus service at the moment. That might change in the upcoming months, but for what it's worth, it is just not worth it at all.

+1

I don't think your trolling at all. I think your 100% right.

Game demos for the past, what, 25-30 years have always been free. You demo the game, if you like it, you buy it. It's that simple.

And paying money to rent games for a year? That is also pretty silly.

There really is no GOOD reason to get the Plus service at the moment. That might change in the upcoming months, but for what it's worth, it is just not worth it at all.

People pay money to rent games for a month...

Games & Special Offers: As a member you can expect to get your hands on at least 4 games a month at no extra charge. Each month there will be a selection of 1x PSN game, 2x minis and 1x PS One classics. A list of the games available in month 1 and 2 can be found below. You will be able to download these games during the month they are available, until the new selection replaces these.

Once downloaded, these games are yours to keep and play as long as you are a member of PlayStation Plus. If your subscription lapses and then you re-subscribe the games you have already downloaded will reactivate, so you still have access to them. Additionally, if you delete one of these titles from your PS3 but decide you want to get it back then you can re-download from the Plus section of the Store if the games is still there, or, if the game has expired from the Plus section of the Store, then you can simply search for it on the Store and download it again at no extra cost.

Each month there will be 2 dynamic themes, 2 premium avatars and premium game elements/add-ons for you to download and many of these will be exclusive to members only. These are yours to keep forever once you have downloaded them.

Plus members will also be given exclusive PlayStation Store discounts each month that are above and beyond the current Store discounts available to everyone. These discounts will range from 20% – 50% and anything you buy with these is yours to keep and enjoy forever.

Finally, wherever possible we'll be making sure that members are included in some selected demos and beta trials early, before they go live to everyone, so you can be the one to tell all your mates about the next big game they 'must' get.

As I mentioned, just the games themes and avatars are worth over £200* a year and with unrestricted access to 48+ games each year and all the other features, we think this service is great value for money.

That won't be happening...

http://blog.us.plays...vents-and-more/

Makes too much money from the casual/facebook crowd.

Now Playstation Plus better be giving me some GT5 content for free (Y) I really want the Tales of Monkey Island pack, but I've got a feeling it'll either end up being given out for free or discounted...

well, well, well, show's that i am wrong i just wish home was better than what it is, anyway i'm with you hoping for the GT5 stuff. :yes:

First I feel I should point out that this is not me trolling, since I know how what I'm about to say will come across to some.

If you find yourself genuinely happy about the latest update, you have my heart felt congratulations. However, am I the only one that thinks, "meh" towards this update?

Playstation Plus. No thanks. The only bit of Playstation Plus that I may have found a use for was the discount on certain items in the store. But I don't mind not being part of the "bleeding edge" of what's hot and what's not, I don't change my theme, I rarely change my avatar, I don't buy the PS1 classics (one exception being Simcity 2000, a moment of nostalgia) and don't own a PSP so the minis aren't of interest.

I don't upload photos on to my PS3, so I have no images to upload anywhere else.

The video editor/uploader could be useful, but the only videos I have on my PS3 are demos that I've downloaded from the Playstation Store. Oh, and the shoot videos. I'm pretty sure most of that can be found on youtube already, without me having to upload them.

The power save settings...well, I had my PS3 set up with the power save settings that were present after a previous update, and what with the automatic start of the folding@home application I have no need to set up my PS3 with these latest additions that have been provided.

The rating system...alright, I'll admit that it's a welcome addition, but it isn't something that I've once considered while browsing the Playstation Store. I've used other review sites in the past to base my decisions on, and I'll more than likely continue to do so. In my eyes, the rating system will just be another review source, rather than bringing all my reviews to one place.

Again, I reiterate that if you're happy with the latest update then good for you, you'll get no argument from me. It's just that for me personally I don't have much use for the big features that they've added.

Agreed. I think they should use those resources in other areas of PSN.

I don't mind Home, but I do wish they'd stop spending so much time on it.

And lets remember, this is an update, it's really not that big a deal.

I'm the opposite, I wish they'd spend more constructive time on Home instead of trying to sell me **** lol.

You know, the initial reasons it was created...joining games with friends etc etc.

I'm the opposite, I wish they'd spend more constructive time on Home instead of trying to sell me **** lol.

You know, the initial reasons it was created...joining games with friends etc etc.

yeah loading times are just awful plus it just gets boring after walking around for 15 minutes and waiting for stuff to load, while everyone on your friends list is playing MW2 or BFBC2, would be a cool feature if they created a way to spectate your friends multiplayer game from PS Home without having the disc in or game in fact, that would be awesome.

Well they are adding personal pool tables this week :laugh:

Can't believe there is a trailer for this pinch.gif

yeah loading times are just awful plus it just gets boring after walking around for 15 minutes and waiting for stuff to load, while everyone on your friends list is playing MW2 or BFBC2, would be a cool feature if they created a way to spectate your friends multiplayer game from PS Home without having the disc in or game in fact, that would be awesome.

Rumor has it that the most recent Home update improved loading times. I haven't been in HOME for maybe...6 or more months. Might be worth checking out again.

Rumor has it that the most recent Home update improved loading times. I haven't been in HOME for maybe...6 or more months. Might be worth checking out again.

Might check it out myself too then.

Might check it out myself too then.

The whole thing has been redesigned to look like the XMB, that was the patch that changed all the loading times. If you haven't seen the redesign then you don't have that patch.

Read what I said again.

If you had been praising XBL to the skies (like Xbox fans tend to do) while bashing on PSN+, then you would have been trolling.

Since your opinion of XBL is the same as of PSN+, I don't consider you trolling.

You're missing the point, the point is that for me personally, PSN+ is an one-time fee to get access to PSN games that I might not otherwise have picked up but still end up enjoying.

If this number goes over 4-5, then PSN+ will have paid for itself in PSN games alone. Not even mentioning PS1 Classics.

See my point now?

Well they are adding personal pool tables this week :laugh:

Can't believe there is a trailer for this pinch.gif

In some ways that is actually worthwhile tbh. I remember when I used Home and I spent most of my time in the Bowling alley, it was almost impossible to find a pool table available. Can't believe it's taken them this long to add them though, they've had the pool tables from the start and the personal spaces since 2008?