Neowin Fantasy Hockey Season 2009-10

Ah man I missed the draft! Forgot it was last night. I didn't do too bad though. Willing to make some trades as well if anyone is looking to wheel and deal.

I'm okay with my first few rounds worth of picks but then I went off kilter. Getting a few PIM guys seemed like a decent idea but I went a tad overboard. Picking up Daniel Carcillo was just incredibly silly. Oh well, the second half of my team is usually waiver wire bait anyway.

Mine is a solid team (excepting the goaltenders), with some star power but also some excellent supporting players. I also picked Theo Fleury- not for any practical means but instead in celebration of a potential return to the NHL.

I'm happy that I didn't have to waste a waiver spot to claim Kuba. I was quite tempted to make that a waiver claim.

Meh, most years my waiver spot goes wasted anyway so maybe that isn't a big deal.

I'm quite happy with my team (yahoo drafted quite well for me), I'm a bit concerned about my goaltending situation though, so depending on how that goes i might have to start thinking trade.

• 2 weeks later...

I looks like Yahoo has completely given up on supporting their fantasy hockey system. They released one big-board on September 1st that didn't take into account several trades (Heatley, Kessel) and other than that, there has been nothing posted since March (and that content relates to last season).

like what? It seems fine to me

I was speaking of the fantasy analysis and tools (big-board updates, fantasy hockey articles and insight) although there was a new NHL Skinny released yesterday.

Oh, I don't use any of those :p

Usually I read them just to find fault with them but nevertheless, I've noticed a distinct lack of interest from the people at Yahoo in the NHL this year.

• 1 month later...

Hey, this league has no playoffs. That sucks. Was this intentional by whomever set this league up or was it a mistake?

We've always had playoffs in our hockey pools.

• 4 months later...