Latest Pokemon sells 1.5 million in two days

It angers me that a company can just retool the graphics a bit in a game and pitch it as a totally new game.

Ahahaha, try reading into it more before you make a comment like that.

The advances from Gen II to Gen IV are vast, there's a ton of new features that really mix the game up. One example which is probably one of the most game changing is the physical/special split, before Gen IV moves were either Special or Physical based on their type. Now a move is classified as Physical or Special (So Thunderpunch is Physical). This allows for some older Pokes (Gyarados) to become useful with Physical Water moves (Waterfall).

This isn't just retooling, this is a complete revamp, including features from Crystal, and some stuff that wasn't even in the first games. These games nearly render having the GBA versions useless now (Considering you can catch most of the legends in HGSS).

I would be buying it when it comes to Europe except my DS Lite has developed a graphics corruption problem, less than two years old as well. Ridiculous when my GBC still works as well as the day I got it.

I would be buying it when it comes to Europe except my DS Lite has developed a graphics corruption problem, less than two years old as well. Ridiculous when my GBC still works as well as the day I got it.

That's odd. My DS Lite still works fine and I've had it since '05 (4 years). My old GB (Yellow) has a graphics problem where you can't see anything on the screen, sounds still works and the buttons do too.

That's odd. My DS Lite still works fine and I've had it since '05 (4 years). My old GB (Yellow) has a graphics problem where you can't see anything on the screen, sounds still works and the buttons do too.

Anyway I did contact Nintendo but they weren't interested. In the EU every purchased has a two year warranty (companies never tell you about it, it is a very secret law). However the Play.com where I bought my DS are out side the EU because they are based in the Channel Islands (technically part of the UK but a Crown Estate). Anyway I refuse to buy anything from Nintendo now.

I remember when I was about 10 years old, I could name all 150 pokemon characters. It was so lame, but such an achievement for all of us back then!

I was the same but the they started releasing more and more and it just got boring trying to remember them all :(

I'm amazed this game is still this popular after all this time.

It's an incredibly strong brand, wonder if it'll outlive Mario.

Edited by thealexweb

i used to love pokemon, last one i had was either gold or crystal??? i dunno which ever one went from light to dark with the time of day it was in RL. With this new one does it contain all 500 pokemon there are these days or only like 150 new ones or sumin?

i used to love pokemon, last one i had was either gold or crystal??? i dunno which ever one went from light to dark with the time of day it was in RL. With this new one does it contain all 500 pokemon there are these days or only like 150 new ones or sumin?

The new versions (HGSS) contain most Pokemon obtainable in the GBA versions, meaning owning a DSi isn't going to leave you with a half full Pokedex. The actual number of new ones is decreasing each time, with the latest barely cracking 100 I think.

And both Gold/Silver and Crystal had the Day/Night timeline. DPPt brought this back.

• 4 weeks later...

i've already got money set aside for HeartGold. :wub:

as a competitive Pokemon player, i have something to say to everyone calling it "just a revamp": every generation of Pokemon has completely changed the game.

the transition from Gen I to Gen II (RBY -> GSC) split the Special Stat into Special Attack and Defense, changed evasion modifiers to not be based on speed, and introduced hold items, breeding, weather, entry hazards, and Dark and Steel types to check Psychic types. and not as importantly the ingame clock.

the transition from Gen II to Gen III (GSC -> RSE) introduced natures, abilities, individual values, effort values, and double battles.

the transition from Gen III to Gen IV (RSE -> DPPt) finally split attacks into physical and special instead of being based on type, and OMG WiFi!

my point being every generation plays extremely differently than the others, and the point of these remakes is to bring the compelling stories (Gold and Silver had the best maingame adventure, hands down) that some newcomers to the game may not be familiar with, and bringing them to a wider audience while incorporating the changes from previous games. and, y'know, adding a whole bunch of awesome stuff. double battles with Lance and Clair! yes!

so it's a little more than just a graphical upgrade. :happy:

[/rant]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yup, that date has been confirmed as March 26th 2010 for EU release. Which is about a fortnight after the US get it so I'm happy. I might actually pick up the EU version of this game (With Pearl and Platinum I got the US versions).

Really hyped about this game, Silver was probably my favourite and most memorable (played Blue at 7, but wasn't the same as having full colour and 16 gyms). So I'm really looking forward to this game!

Also, request a Mod/GlobMod/Super to split this thread to make an official one or change the title.