"the NEW efficiency" Windows 7 Launch events

As always, nothing happens North of the border. I can't complain though. I have Windows 7 Ultimate installed on my laptop and PC.

i doubt they will include x64, they never have in the past. I held out hope they would do x64 or both this time.

Some say you can't move to new hardware, but I have never had a problem. I've had to call in to activate it, but that wasn't a problem.

I hope to get my x64 tomorrow.

Curious if anyone can answer this question. Say I use my Windows 7 key to install 32-bit on my computer since I only have 2GB ram at the moment. Say in the future I upgrade to 4GB ram and want to install 64-bit. Will this work or is the key already tied to the 32-bit version?

Curious if anyone can answer this question. Say I use my Windows 7 key to install 32-bit on my computer since I only have 2GB ram at the moment. Say in the future I upgrade to 4GB ram and want to install 64-bit. Will this work or is the key already tied to the 32-bit version?

From my experience in doing a similar scenario with Vista, yes the key will work. The same key worked regardless if the media was 32bit or 64bit and 32bit was activated first.

Does anyone know if we have to attend both parts of the events in order to get a license? I'm debating whether or not I should still go because one of my classes is doing semi-important things that day.

Does anyone know if we have to attend both parts of the events in order to get a license? I'm debating whether or not I should still go because one of my classes is doing semi-important things that day.

You don't need to attend both to get a license. You can't attend both and get 2 licenses either. They check you in and provide 1 ticket to get your freebie when it's over.

If you want 64bit, find someone with TechNet or MSDN access so they can download it for you.

Got my copy. I hope the store version is in thsi small folder style, it would be great for teh enviromnment, and really has all you need... key and disc.

Got my copy. I hope the store version is in thsi small folder style, it would be great for teh enviromnment, and really has all you need... key and disc.

Unfortunately I'm sure you'll see that big plastic box again.

I'll be at the one in Philadelphia, PA

I'll be attending the Vienna/Tysons Corner/Fairfax, VA event. Though I already have Windows 7 via MSDN, extra training (concerning Professional, as I have Ultimate x64 on my computer and x32 on Mom's) never hurts.

Can anyone post a picture of the disc that you receive? I'm assuming it's not retail packaging.

Of course it isn't retail packaging...

1. They cut costs using the basic packaging they did use.

2. It makes it harder for someone to get the free copy and try to peddle it off as a resalable retail version.

Does anyone have any contact information for someone at Microsoft to do a media exchange? I received a 32-bit disc but need a 64-bit version.

Last I heard there is no alternate media order yet, you'll need to get a x64 copy from someone with MSDN or TechNet access. There is always that other route, make sure to get a exact filename and hash to be sure.

I'm attending the Wembley Stadium Windows 7 Launch event on October 6. I wonder if they'll be giving out the same things :)

Take a look at the web site detailing the event, they might have a clue on there. When this was first announced the site for the US events showed a Win7 Pro box and early promo's said that's what we would get. Shortly before the events started that was changed to a Win7 Ultimate image and that's what we got.