[Beta] Heroes Of Newerth

I just finally got my invite to this game, made by the same people who brought us Savage and Savage 2.

It's an online base battler. You get a top over view of a limited amount of the map, your character , and buildings. You don't build anything though, you just run around as your Hero and kill npcs and other players on the enemy team, all while trying to advance into the enemy base to destroy it.

Is anyone else playing this I could add to friend list for some possible matches?

This is just Dota without the Warcraft 3 engine. In that sense its a good game because it can tap into many potential opportunities that are limited within the WC3 engine. On the other hand it isn't as polished as Dota obviously with Dota's many revisions

This is just Dota without the Warcraft 3 engine. In that sense its a good game because it can tap into many potential opportunities that are limited within the WC3 engine. On the other hand it isn't as polished as Dota obviously with Dota's many revisions

Pretty much, but it is in beta still, so it has potential. Sort of why I like it a lot right now. Really addictive.

mines sh4k3y.

You are exactly right. (Y) Didn't interest me

I have an account in the beta, but never actually played a real game. I am a total noob to these DoTA-like games, and I was reading the community is full of *******s who have no patience for new players.

I'm happy with Savage 2 anyways :p

Play on the servers that say noob only. Sometimes it turns out to be a bunch of pros looking to own some noobs but that can be avoided by check every bodies stats before the game starts. If they all have a kill/death ratio >=1.0 then you'd probably want to avoid them. Once in a while there's a whiner who complains that his team is full of noobs but it's not hard to ignore them. Just play and let them nerd rage all over themselves. :p

The first few games I played I went in not knowing a single damn thing about this game. It could have been a My Little Pony game for all I knew. After getting owned badly my team mates told me to uninstall the game forever. :laugh:

Play on the servers that say noob only. Sometimes it turns out to be a bunch of pros looking to own some noobs but that can be avoided by check every bodies stats before the game starts. If they all have a kill/death ratio >=1.0 then you'd probably want to avoid them. Once in a while there's a whiner who complains that his team is full of noobs but it's not hard to ignore them. Just play and let them nerd rage all over themselves. :p

The first few games I played I went in not knowing a single damn thing about this game. It could have been a My Little Pony game for all I knew. After getting owned badly my team mates told me to uninstall the game forever. :laugh:

HA, I'm getting that right now. I find it funny. I tell them to just shut it fatty and play the game.

If anyone has a spare invite, I have a friend who would like to join. Email is ro45789@yahoo.com

My name is LOC in HoN. I don't play much because of the utter hatred people have for people who don't know how to play DotA or how to do the PERFECT build. It's so stupid really.

The League of Legends community seems to be much more forgiving of new players, which is surprising really. But I dont like LoL all that much (the UI stinks imo) and HoN is a much more polished game overall. Plus it's updated like every 5 minutes lol

I'm a beta user and already pre-purchased. I love it. I also have a LOL (League of Legends) account and don't really like it as much. I feel like HON has a much better heroe selection and I feel like the balance in LOL is way off. People say that its easier to come back from losing in LOL but I feel that is more the case in HON. I think its really just preference. Either way I will probably play them both.

ive played HoN and LoL alot, and i gotta say i like HoN ALOT, more so than dota

LoL just seems pretty awful to me, and once i saw they had item shops i gave up on it, games like that are a money sink and it lacks serious polish

If you become a fan of LoL on facebook, when they hit 40,000 I think it was, they will be giving out beta, so if that's any incentive.