Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Transformers 3)

Yup, plus you have to remember, Megatron's body at that point was pieces of his original body, mashed up with a couple grunt decepticons from his resurrection, with even more garage modifications apparently between movie 2 and 3. By this point I'd say it's safe to say he was nowhere near his original strength, plus he was kinda off his rocker after losing so many times. Overall I think the point they were trying to convey was that this Megatron is not the same as he was in the first movie.

that or you can't have two major antagonists. Remember, the 1st and 2nd movies were all about Megatron. The third one, not so much, it was more towards Sentinel Prime. Just think, even Shockwave (as big of a character as he is) is just filler. I'm just happy Soundwave got more screen time! :D

that or you can't have two major antagonists. Remember, the 1st and 2nd movies were all about Megatron. The third one, not so much, it was more towards Sentinel Prime. Just think, even Shockwave (as big of a character as he is) is just filler. I'm just happy Soundwave got more screen time! :D

IMO The Fallen was the central antagonist in the second movie.

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to hear Leonard Nimoy's voice. I especially liked the reference to Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

While pretty much everyone seems to have caught the obvious one, did you catch the subtle one that I mentioned earlier

(the "my friend" in Bumblebee's farewell to Sam)

?

Enjoyed it a lot! Love the twist on the Apollo missions and history. A lot of re-used footage though (Not just the island scenes... or the missile room footage... ) but the re-use of Apollo footage and nixon etc was all great. However it was pretty obvious when they switched to newly recorded stuff...

While pretty much everyone seems to have caught the obvious one, did you catch the subtle one that I mentioned earlier

?

I caught that one as well because I always pay extra attention to Bumblebee's radio voices. :)

Saw it tonight in 3d.

Only seen a few 3d films and this was by far the best.

i also think its probably the best of the trilogy.

i didn't pay atttention to the depth of the script of anything, but the NSA general lady with blonde hair annoyed the hell out of me.

if she was in charge of the autobots being on earth or w/e her role was, surely she would have known about Sam and what he has done and why he should be involved in everything, rather than try stopping him being involved. her attitude to it all was one thing that annoyed me in the movie

i would also have liked to have known

where the other tiny robot came from (not the one from T2) and also where the other new autobots came from. AND finally, what about the other decepticons that were all over the planet, i find it hard to believe that no more than approx 10 autobots survived and escaped cybertron but theres 100's of decepticons

Overall, for what it was, its clearly going to be my favourite movie.

They kept calling her national intelligence director which could be the person who oversees all of the intelligence in out country. But the title is Director of National Intelligence so maybe it's something else.

they stated their ship brought the second wave of autobots. And as for the number of deceptions with the autobots losing wouldn't it make sense that there would be more of the other side?

?

Caught that, wasn't that subtle. Did you catch

Bee calling Sam an "ass h0le again?

:laugh:

IMO The Fallen was the central antagonist in the second movie.

yeah my bad on that. Was trying to make a point. lol.

It's not wrong if someone says they didn't like the film. It generally means they are unique to you.

Generally, I found Transformers 3 boring with some fun action sequences and interesting scenes. Some scenes had amazing direction but the mass of the film was a bore for me.

At times Transformers 3 really felt special like the old cartoons, though it would just end up coming back to watching weird uninteresting scenes.

I'm not a grump, but I was disappointed to see young children watching this film with humans flesh being vaporised on screen and so much swearing and insulting.

The parent can't be fully to blame for taking their kids to a film like this and subjecting them to, in the children's eyes, cool robots swearing at each other. Parents trust the rating, which has clearly failed.

If I had taken my kids to this film I'd have gotten up and walked out.

The parent can't be fully to blame for taking their kids to a film like this and subjecting them to, in the children's eyes, cool robots swearing at each other. Parents trust the rating, which has clearly failed.

I have no idea about the rating that it got in the UK (it isn't listed on IMDB), but here in the US, it got a PG-13 rating:

Rated PG-13 for intense prolonged sequences of sci-fi action violence, mayhem and destruction, and for language, some sexuality and innuendo
, which I think is reasonable. And yes, it is very much the parents fault if they take a young child to see a movie like this without seeing it themselves first. My wife and I went to see it first before allowing our son to see it, even though he has watched the other two movies.

Caught that, wasn't that subtle. Did you catch

Bee calling Sam an "ass h0le again?

:laugh:

It was subtle enough that my wife didn't catch it until I pointed it out, although she has only ever seen The Wrath of Kahn maybe once or twice (she isn't a huge Star Trek fan like me). Certainly not obvious enough for most non-Trekkies to catch it. And yes, I caught that one as well.

I'm not a grump, but I was disappointed to see young children watching this film with humans flesh being vaporised on screen and so much swearing and insulting.

I think PG-13 was the appropriate rating. There was not as much language as in the 2nd one and the people getting vaporized was only in the foreground in one real scene.

It's not wrong if someone says they didn't like the film. It generally means they are unique to you.

Generally, I found Transformers 3 boring with some fun action sequences and interesting scenes. Some scenes had amazing direction but the mass of the film was a bore for me.

At times Transformers 3 really felt special like the old cartoons, though it would just end up coming back to watching weird uninteresting scenes.

Newsflash: Kids hear swearing all day long at school.

I think PG-13 was the appropriate rating.

PG-13 is the US rating, I can't seem to find a reference for what it was rated in the UK (where SPARTdAN lives).

edit: OK, it seems it is rated 12A which is roughly equivalent to our PG-13 rating.

Personally I liked the movie. It wasn't a classic or anything near that, but it was a fun, mindless two hours of violence. That's what I was expecting and they delivered that perfectly.

Personally I liked the money. It wasn't a classic or anything near that, but it was a fun, mindless two hours of violence. That's what I was expecting and they delivered that perfectly.

Pretty much my opinion of it. thumbs_up.gif

I didn't go in expecting anything profound, I knew what I was going to get long before the movie hit the cinemas and I was fine with it.

what?. What movie did you see?. It was ****. Completely pile of ****. The acting of that ****ing crap actor and the now with the new michael bay sex toy. Come on!.

Where was the violence?. I only see in 3D an old couple dressed in GREEN with sexual problems. His MOMMY has sexual (orientations? ya, why not) problems and his father has erectile problems. Thats all I saw. IN 3D!!.

The new sex toy was alright, I would like see her acting sometime, but you cant explect that much from a doll. The rest of the movie was more of the same if not worse. The CGI is getting ****ty, every movie more and the script, well, who the **** want a script when you want to see explosions?. but f*** that.

They all seems to be hysterical and with sexual problems. In fact I think is based on the michael bay personality, it has an emotion of a 40 years post menopausal woman, that little piece of ****. Millionaire, but a piece of ****. hysterical piece of ****.

**** you michael bay, give me my ****ing money back, you ****in thief!

Lol, over dramatic much?

He didn't force you to go see it, it was pretty damn obvious what the film was going to be like from the previous two and the reviews, you have only yourself to blame for spending money to go to the cinema to see it.