ZoneAlarm to Give Away ZoneAlarm Pro Next Week

SOURCE

Next Monday, Check Point's ZoneAlarm division plans to announce that it will give away free licenses to its ZoneAlarm Pro firewall software on "Patch Tuesday," or Tuesday, Oct. 13.

The free giveaway will take place on line for 24 hours, at ZoneAlarm's Web site.

ZoneAlarm Pro is a subset of ZoneAlarm's security services, a step up from its free firewall but less protection than its ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2010 suite offers. ZoneAlarm Pro includes the two-way firewall, download monitoring, anti-phishing protection, plus a couple of advanced features: OSFirewall, which looks for changes in the OS that might have been missed by an antivirus program, and credit monitoring with the three major credit bureaus. The latter feature typically comes with a year's subscription.

Why do we need a firewall software when our DSL router have firewall built in? its just lame and if you need antivirus, Microsoft have the essential software for free.

If this were two years ago, I'd be very happy. Comodo is my firewall of choice now. lol

This. I use ZoneAlarm's firewall on my old laptop for many years. But during the last few months of its life (about six months before I built my current rig), I switched over to Comodo and have since stayed there. ^_^

In all honesty, their firewall used to be one of the very best which I recommended to everyone I knew. After the trauma with the 2008 security suite trial, I discarded my feeling for the brand altogether...

I switched over to Comodo and have since stayed there. ^_^

/hi5. ^_^

I personally could care less about it, but I thought I would post it since I know there are people on this forum that do use it.

They probably feel that their business is falling down and now they need to promote the software for free. Buddy is too late... the damage is already been done.

They did this last year too, although that time it was for their 15th Anniversary.

I still have my license email from back then. Never used it mind, I just signed up for it because I could.

Zone Alarm was good back in its day. It sucks now. All I use is Windows 7 firewall and MSE. My router has a built-in firewall as well. When I surf the web, I use Chrome without Javascript unless I absolutely need it for a web site. Javascript is responsible for most viruses caught through the browser.

They did this last year too, although that time it was for their 15th Anniversary.

I still have my license email from back then. Never used it mind, I just signed up for it because I could.

Haha, I did the same thing & still haven't used that license! After downloading I realized that it wasn't even compatible with 64-bit Windows (I have Vista 64-bit). How funny is it that a free competitor (Comodo) had a 64-bit firewall way before Zonealarm did?

It looks like there's finally a 64-bit Zonealarm, I might check it out if it's part of the giveaway.

Something tells me they're getting scared the freeware is taking over. It is; Microsoft Security Essentials or Avast! is all you'll ever need. Ditch Zonealarm.

Something tells me they're getting scared the freeware is taking over. It is; Microsoft Security Essentials or Avast! is all you'll ever need. Ditch Zonealarm.

MSE + Windows 7 Firewall + Router Firewall = Great

If they gave this away free, I still wouldn't want it ... erm ... oh wait

I used to love ZAP but they took forever getting a 64-bit version that I switched to Eset Smart Security. ZAP has a better firewall but Eset has the better anti-virus.