[Official] Dragon Age: Origins

I'm not a fan of RPG's with multiple characters and the point and click once combat but I'll definitely give this game a shot since it's an RPG made by Bioware. Here's to hoping that it has an outstanding quality.

Been playing the Dragon Age: Journeys flash game for a while, I guess it's kinda fun. It's a fairly simple turn-based game using skills from Dragon Age, you can also unlock some items for Dragon Age: Origins by completing quests in the flash game.

http://www.dragonagejourneys.com/

Awesome. Hitting that up as we speak. As soon as I remember my EA account.

Six unique origin stories, each with a story that affects the game as a whole.

Spell interactions (eg. ‘Blizzard’ can put out fires, and fire spells can ignite grease from a grease spell).

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age:_Origins

In Dragon Age: Origins, player characters of either gender and any race can pursue a heterosexual or homosexual romance.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Romance

:woot:

Yup I can't wait for this.

Totally avoiding it on the 360/PS3 though after seeing Giantbombs quick look, while fairly innovative, the console control/menu management scheme is complete fail.

A game like this needs the hotbar.

Yeah if I was to get this, it would have to be PC experience, looking at both Quick looks on Giantbomb, the PC version gameplay fits the Genre better.

Dont get me wrong, the Console version may be great, but I think with this type of RPG, a controller has its limits. Of course my opinion.

Leaked already eh. It's no surprise. Games like this leak all the time. Just one day left though. I hope retailers in my area have the PC version in stock.

Looking forward to it. I remember I think back in 2004 talking about the game with friends before NWN2 or anything just as I started University and now I'm done the games only finally coming. Should be good.

93 on metacritic :woot:

Some reviews:

Meristation

Bioware has managed to update and evolve the formula that made Baldur's Gate 2 a classic, creating an engaging, rich, and solidly fantastic universe that feels consistently coherent and credible. Dragon Age is a triumph that shows, among other things, how the core values of the traditional roleplaying genre are still valid, managing to include a complete and versatile combat system that welcomes new players and will challenge veterans, with difficult encounters where tactics are the key to victory. Overall, it's a really special RPG, which truly deserves to be called "epic".

PC Zone UK

Dragon Age: Origins is a brave and brutal return to form for PC fantasy roleplaying - bettering nearest rival The Witcher through both its combat and the innate lovability of so many of its characters...With Dragon Age: Origins BioWare have secured their position as masters of the RPG art.

That game is hot

/not reading the whole thread

This game is amazing. I heard that the console versions dumb down larger fights, so instead of fighting 20 mobs at the same time on PC you get waves of 5 on consoles. That's a real killer right there.

I've only played about 2 hours of it, so far it's fairly linear. Story > Dungeon/Castle Crawling > Story > etc. I hope the world opens up freely eventually...