Don't buy Windows 7 direct from Microsoft Store

I ordered from MS Store as well, and I chose ground shipping and am not surprised it hasn't arrived yet given I am on the east coast and I'm assuminmg they are shipping from west coast (they are in seattle area, no idea where their warehouse is).

I have no idea why everyone is so upset -- did they say ANYWHERE on their site that you would get it on October 22nd? It stands to reason that a product that is RELEASED on October 22, would not ship early. It makes sense that they ship the product on that day.

I have read reports of people getting it on oct 22 but those people chose overnight. So it seems that Microsoft prioritized the shipment of express shipping.. do you blame them?

So long story short -- quit your whining and trying to make microsoft out to be at fault here. The only thing that seems off is that we didn't get shipping confirmation emails, but they've recitifed that by telling us that our orders are on time.

Actually, I pre-ordered in early September with 2nd day shipping. The 22nd came and I called the MS store to confirm my package will be leaving that same day. The answer I received: "absolutely the package will ship today, after all you requested/paid for 2nd day shipping". However judging by the order status still being stuck in the "processing" I feel very jaded because I forked extra for the speedier shipment that they have not honored. I don't know about you but I work hard for my money!

I guess it will get here when it gets here.

That's exactly how it's going to be. Mine shipped from the microsoft store on the 22, but the tracking information still only shows billing information received so my guess as it hasn't actually left yet.

Actually, I pre-ordered in early September with 2nd day shipping. The 22nd came and I called the MS store to confirm my package will be leaving that same day. The answer I received: "absolutely the package will ship today, after all you requested/paid for 2nd day shipping". However judging by the order status still being stuck in the "processing" I feel very jaded because I forked extra for the speedier shipment that they have not honored. I don't know about you but I work hard for my money!

October 22nd is a thursday, so if you ordered 2 day, and they ship on Thursday, it will get to you on Monday since weekend deliveries aren't common. Isn't this normal?!

You seem ****ed off because Microsoft didn't magically ship it out on the 21st, before its release date.

Obvious troll! Why did we preorder? I don't know 69 dollars off may be a damn good reason?

How does that make him a troll? not everyone knows about the $69 off (haha is that number fake? :laugh:)

Have you been under a rock?

They don't have internet access under rocks?

afaik there would be more chance of finding out about this $69 off on the internet then being above ground and looking into the sky :laugh:

hmm, my tracking information is very strange now.

On ups main site, it hasn't updated since the 22, and says the billing information received and origin scan. It also shows a delivery date of 10/29 expected.

However, if you run the tracking number at mobile.ups.com it still hasn't updated since the 22, but shows the package is already in my state on the east coast.

So I guess it's anyone's guess when it will get here. Maybe Monday, maybe not until next Thursday.

Well, I finally got my shipping confirmation. Not only that, but they upgraded my shipping method from 3-7 days (which I had opted for because it was the cheapest and a few extra days of waiting wouldn't kill me) up to 1-Day Air free of charge (I assume because it was their fault it shipped late). According to UPS, I should have my copy of Windows 7 tomorrow. Needless to say, I'm quite a happy camper right now; I'm actually getting my order slightly earlier than I probably would have in the first place if it had shipped on-time. :D

Well, I finally got my shipping confirmation. Not only that, but they upgraded my shipping method from 3-7 days (which I had opted for because it was the cheapest and a few extra days of waiting wouldn't kill me) up to 1-Day Air free of charge (I assume because it was their fault it shipped late). According to UPS, I should have my copy of Windows 7 tomorrow. Needless to say, I'm quite a happy camper right now; I'm actually getting my order slightly earlier than I probably would have in the first place if it had shipped on-time. :D

That's not bad. Mine did ship on the 22, got the shipping confirmation on the 23. However, the tracking information for my order has not been updated since the 22 and still shows my copy being in Ontario CA. In five days you would think it would have at least moved. UPS is saying the 29th for expected delivery.

It does look like you will get your order earlier then those who got the ground shipping.

That's not bad. Mine did ship on the 22, got the shipping confirmation on the 23. However, the tracking information for my order has not been updated since the 22 and still shows my copy being in Ontario CA. In five days you would think it would have at least moved. UPS is saying the 29th for expected delivery.

It does look like you will get your order earlier then those who got the ground shipping.

That is odd. I wonder what the holdup is?

Well, my copy just arrived at my doorstep about an hour ago. I checked the box and sure enough its Windows 7 Professional Retail, complete with the box that you'd see it in on the shelves at stores. And it isn't an Upgrade box either, its the full version. I'm one happy camper right now. :D Looks like I'll have a busy weekend.

So i placed my order for 2 copies of Windows 7 Home Premium for $50 each. I placed this order 6/29/2009 at 11:26am EST. My orignial order states that the disks would SHIP today October 22. Now I'm being told that they need 7 days ( NO PUN INTENDED) to process my order. I am beyond furious. The last 4 months was not enough time to process my order? Anyone else have this issue?

I ordered a 32 bit windows professional upgrade and on the 21st October 2009 my fiancee received an email to her

university doctorate account with her legal key and a link to download.

She on the 23rd October 2009 was told via the same account it had been dispatched and on the 26th October 2009 her disk I paid for was delivered via

royal mail signed for.

I do trust them to do what they were asked, and for ?39 I am very happy with their service.

That is odd. I wonder what the holdup is?

I couldn't tell you. My guess is it was either lost, or left sitting to waist time as it was not shipped over night. I finally got a email update for the tracking information, less then 10 minutes ago it finally moved and has left Ontario CA.

I haven't seen anything like that before with tracking information. I have seen stuff end up in the wrong hub and a shipment gets delayed, but nothing like sitting and not moving for 5 days.