Windows 7 flashy startup animation increases your boot

I am so tired of people whinnying about Windows 7 is not funny anymore. Please get a grip.

WINDOWS 7 IS BETTER THAN ANY PREVIOUS VERSIONS

So enjoy your 2 seconds of delayed Startup time....Geez! :no:

I am so tired of people whinnying about Windows 7 is not funny anymore. Please get a grip.

My startup and shutdown times were actually reduced with Windows 7 -- think it really just depends on the comp/drivers/etc..

+1

For some people Windows 7 will be a step forward, for most it won't make any difference and for some people it'll be a worse experience. I for one think Windows 7 overall is a step backwards but hey there are some people who like it.

For some people Windows 7 will be a step forward, for most it won't make any difference and for some people it'll be a worse experience. I for one think Windows 7 overall is a step backwards but hey there are some people who like it.

in what way is it a step backwards

???? :blink:

please explain because your either trolling, an apple/linux fanboy or have a totally jacked up pc. have you even tried the final????

I never see the animation as mine wakes from SLEEP. Much quicker than any boot ;) One press of power button and hey, desktop!! - instant ;)

I for one think Windows 7 overall is a step backwards but hey there are some people who like it.

NXN%20Meth%20kills1.jpg

Windows 7 is a massive step forwards IMO. My times are faster across the board (Compared to both XP and Vista). I'm yet to see one of my mates have a complaint about it, which is great to see! (Y)

Windows 7 is a massive step forwards IMO. My times are faster across the board (Compared to both XP and Vista). I'm yet to see one of my mates have a complaint about it, which is great to see! (Y)

that and lets not forget this bad boy can run on alot of older spec pc's which is a huge bonus for most.

The fact that you people with i7 CPUs have boot times over the 30 second mark makes me go all "egg on your faces" when I said that I didnt really see the boot time improvements on windows 7 and everybody was like "30 SECONDSZZZZZ OMGGGG SUPER QUICK".

Anyway I'll try disabling the GUI just now and come back with results

How many times do I have to say this, processors are not a bottleneck for boot times (unless you have a REALLY crap one) its almost all hard drive speed. Any crap dual core with a nice ssd will boot way faster than an i7 with a regular hdd.

Processor is not a bottleneck for system start up time.

not true. On most systems the ExplorerInit-Subphase of the bootprocess is CPU bound, and timing issues are likely the result of a simple resource bottleneck.

???? :blink:

please explain because your either trolling, an apple/linux fanboy or have a totally jacked up pc. have you even tried the final????

Check my post hisotry I'm no linux or mac fanboy, usually I'm very much pro windows. Yes I have tried the RTM build, no I'm not trolling, I tried a product and I'm giving my honest verdict on it. I find it slower and buggier than vista.

not true. On most systems the ExplorerInit-Subphase of the bootprocess is CPU bound, and timing issues are likely the result of a simple resource bottleneck.

Yeah so one part of the boot process can or cannot be processor bottlenecked? What I say is still true, boot time is almost all down to hard drive speed. Thats why you can have netbooks with SSD's booting faster than beastly quad core gaming rigs.

Check my post hisotry I'm no linux or mac fanboy, usually I'm very much pro windows. Yes I have tried the RTM build, no I'm not trolling, I tried a product and I'm giving my honest verdict on it. I find it slower and buggier than vista.

Thats weird because Vista had all the bugs and 7 is a fix of Vista and a lil more(not saying everything is fixed)..

what if you manually set the cpu cores will that make a diffrance?

What you mean?

What you mean?

you can set how many boot cpu cores in Msconfig

You can only lower it. It's a debug feature for driver developers. If the value isn't set, it will automatically use them all.

What you mean?

you can set how many boot cpu cores in Msconfig

Doesnt really do anything.. Your Windows utilizes all cores you have..

Trust me on it since I had asked the same question on here a while ago..

That msconfig "tweak" does absolutely nothing and has been proven many times. It is only there to REDUCE the number of cores for testing. Windows uses all your cores for boot by default.