BIG HELP NEEDED

HI guys, I finally got 4015 and installed it. I specified to install on drive D as I have xp pro on C. Well it appears longhorn took over C and I cannot dual boot back to it???

WHat do I do. I need to get back to XP Pro or I am beyond hosed.

Thanks for any help

you can also e-mail me at agrant12@cfl.rr.com

Edit your boot.ini file. Add in the partion and OS info for the OS you want to dual boot.

You can edit it from the Startup and Recovery box, under the Advanced tab in System Properties.

• 3 weeks later...
back-up and do a reformat, get rid of longhorn, it is still too buggy to use as any sort of os.

Exactly.

Reformatting isn't THAT much of a hassle compared to whats gonna happen if you actually try to use Longhorn. ;)

Just wait until it's out... don't be impatient. :shifty:

this is a known issue with win PE. it doesn't use the drive letters from your other windows installation. xp will see itself as c and longhorn will see itself as c. and they are both right, look at xp's next hard drive letter, it's probably longhorn's disk. do the same in longhorn, it's probably xp's disk.

...pull out drive formerly D now C...

unless you meant you did it by PARTITIONING in which case listen to Ibrim and these other guys and ignore my smart ass remarks

hey guys if i will install longhorn on other hdd(d), will it overwrite program files on c?

As long as it is a seperate hdd/partition, your original hdd/partition shouldn't be affected.

back-up and do a reformat, get rid of longhorn, it is still too buggy to use as any sort of os.

That's not true! It's better than XP if you tweak it right. (Well at least build 4008. Haven't tried 4015 yet.)