New Longhorn News

Well, it is supposed to be shown at the PDC... or at least shortly after. Not putting my hopes too high... but Aero should be available by the end of the year.

plus i doubt neowin would have its own forum if it wasnt allowed, I'd say a new build will prob surface in july, some reason that month seems right

Still looking forward to seeing Aero, I want to see if Microsoft can pull off something that beats plex. :rofl:

Well...judging from Luna...

The Aero UI will be impressive. Impressively awful.

I think we'll see it soon, because unlike Luna was to Windows XP, I think Aero, the UI is going to have more of a role in Longhorn than the role that the UI played in Windows XP. Because it will have such an important role, I believe microsoft will want to get it out and have the actual interface be part of the Beta. Meaning, not only will people fix codes and such, but people will fix the way things look and feel, and how the UI feels.

Btw, Is this your fulltime job fdiaz2day? (refering to your 8 posts a day average)

OT: currently unemployed :whistle:

Still looking forward to seeing Aero, I want to see if Microsoft can pull off something that beats plex. :rofl:

Ha... they already have.. it's called Luna.

Plex is rubbish at its current state (and some people use it :o !).

Plex is okay; I found a very nice Aqua/Plex on the VS board, nice, very nice

:rolleyes:

Hey... I'm not saying that the derivatives are all bad... just that the one which Microsoft has on the CD is horrendous...

Not only that, it looks bad
-quote from meowth

no windowsx is person... he has a plex theme and it makes more sense than the real one

EDIT: go to the them section ^_^

Edited by EnIgMa-PenGuIn

But Plex is only a "placeholder" for the new UI which is still some time off.

I mean ... what was the point?! Wasting time on something thats going to be thrown anyway!

Even Classic looks better

microsoft has time and money.... why not waste some on a different 'in the meantime' visualstyle for their new OS?

remember whistler/watercolor? =p

It will stay and you can it use whenever you want. Expect minor changes though...

Why I'm writing this? Well, 'cause I KNOW! J/K but could be...