[Official] Assassin's Creed 2

Tsk I leave the site for what, 2 months or something, and you guys can't sling together a proper Official topic?

For shame :p

Surprised there isn't more buzz in here tbh. Game isn't long away. I guess MW2 will be stealing the spotlight for some time...

Tsk I leave the site for what, 2 months or something, and you guys can't sling together a proper Official topic?

Surprised there isn't more buzz in here tbh. Game isn't long away. I guess MW2 will be stealing the spotlight for some time...

And L4D2. It's going up against AC2 next week. I think that was a stupid move though. :/

Lol..i don't normally make the Official topics..it was weird that we didn't have one for this game so i thought..why not :p

Yeah i can't believe there isn't more hype around this..(damn you MW2 and your excellence)

This is like the only game that didn't shift it's release date til next year :D

And L4D2. It's going up against AC2 next week. I think that was a stupid move though.

Yeah..poor Valve..shoulda waited a month :p haha

And thank ****! no more stupid collecting flag achievements!!

I can't believe i'll have this game next week!

Sadly i ordered the white edition exclusive to play.com and with their crap delivery service i doubt i'll get it on time.

So excited for this game. Stuff Modern Warfare 2 (not even bought it), i think this will be a massive hit. I think they've improved this game in every aspect.

I had a chance to play a pre-final build of this last night - it's really good! If you hated the repetitive stuff in AC1 you'll love this, and if you enjoyed AC1 you'll enjoy this even more.

One cool thing the Ubisoft rep said was that there's hidden gear for Enzo in some of the missions that you can find and unlock for him to wear in game. Unfortunately he didn't want to spoil it and show me where this one was. =P

has anyone seen this?

Snipped

quite good (Y)

Holy holy unholy ***t!!! best game trailer ever :o OMG, that's a pant crapper one :woot:

Why oh why did they have to delay this on the PC till 2010? This was one of the games (along with MW2, DA:O and Splinter Cell: Conviction, which was also delayed) I have been looking forward to since it was announced. :(

I mean come on, DA:O did a simultaneous release on all platforms at once and the PC version turned out to be the best.

Why oh why did they have to delay this on the PC till 2010? This was one of the games (along with MW2, DA:O and Splinter Cell: Conviction, which was also delayed) I have been looking forward to since it was announced. :(

I mean come on, DA:O did a simultaneous release on all platforms at once and the PC version turned out to be the best.

Except those games suffer from consolisation-related issues. If it's true that the time is being spent ensuring the PC version is not just a ****ty port then it'll be worth it.

Except those games suffer from consolisation-related issues. If it's true that the time is being spent ensuring the PC version is not just a ****ty port then it'll be worth it.

What exactly do you mean by that, they are limited (on PC) by what consoles can do?

If I got that right then yes, I suppose you have a good point. My main thought was if DA:O (which is a great game, just finished the main story @ 40 hours of gameplay) can pull off that good of quality and release on the PC at the same time as it does on consoles, AC2 should be able to do it also. Now, if they actually take this extra time to improve AC2 beyond the console versions for PC (as opposed to adding in anti-piracy measures that will slow pirates down by a few days at the most) then hopefully it will be worth it in the end.

Well the Dragon Age PC port certainly isn't graphically amazing, even though it looks very good. I was hoping for more. But I'm not sure if I want to wait for the PC port of AC2 or buy the 360 ver now :( I imagine I'll end up wth the 360 ver, but then...I'd rather have the PC ver.

I'll be giving this a go next Monday when I'll be at Ubisoft Montreal.

I'll keep you all posted on my view of the game.

look forward to hearing your views of it (Y)

Whats the difference between the Black and White editions?

I have the White for PC on pre-order at my local GAME, but I do remember very briefly seeing a Black Edition before they vanished and I can't find it anymore...

Whats the difference between the Black and White editions?

I have the White for PC on pre-order at my local GAME, but I do remember very briefly seeing a Black Edition before they vanished and I can't find it anymore...

I mentioned earlier i had the "white" edition on pre-order from play but actually it is the black edition and it is now sold out.

Here's what's in it:

Collectable black packaging with unique authentic holographic signature

Rare "Master Assassin" upgrade Ezio figurine (see image below) - this limited edition collectable figurine of Ezio wears an upgraded cloak, something Ezio only has access to in the advanced stages of the game.

3 in-game bonus quests* - enter and explore the most prestigious moments of the Renaissance. Reveal mysterious unique artifacts hidden within their walls: Palazzo Medicis in Florence, Santa Maria Dei Frari and Arsenal Shipyard Warehouse in Venice.

Conspiracy Book - this 64-page finely crafted leather style hardcover and parchment-finish page book brings together exclusive insights on the game art, story and background, direct from the developers of Assassin's Creed II. Secret faces are also revealed from the game's overarching conspiracy.

Game Soundtrack by Jesper Kyd (British Academy of Film and Television Arts nominee for "2009 Best Original Score in a Game")

All videos, behind-the-scene interviews and e-goodies about Assassin's Creed II.