So my roommate bought a mint condition NES...

She bought it for $20 at a St. Vincent de Paul thrift store. It's a deluxe set with the system, two controllers, the gun, and Super Mario Bros 1/Duck Hunt in the original box. It honestly looks like it hasn't been used bofore and we don't yet even have to do any work to make the game work. It's pretty much a fantastic nostalgic blast that I just wanted to share.

-Spenser

Sounds great... until you realize just how awful those sharp rectangle controllers really were. I've had my fill of nostalgia with it, but I'm glad you're certainly able to enjoy yourself. :)

I remember finding a black label copy of FFVII in its original packaging in a Radio Shack in Harlan, IA. They also had a bunch of computer equipment from the early 90's and a bunch of old computer games from the early 90's as well. It's amazing what you can find in an electronics store in a town whose population is less than 5,000 people.

Ah, the NES... That is a piece of history.

Would be nice if you could upload some photos with the packaging and all.

I'll do so tomorrow. It's got the original box and styrofoam packaging and all. It's hard for me to even take it in right now.

-Spenser

Sounds great... until you realize just how awful those sharp rectangle controllers really were. I've had my fill of nostalgia with it, but I'm glad you're certainly able to enjoy yourself. :)

NES "Dogbone" controllers are a bit more comfortable. They came out the same time the 2nd generation of the NES did, they were a fairly good improvement comfort & ergonomics wise over the sharp corners of the original controller.

I still have mine, next to my 360 and PS2. :)

It was in my attic, parents bought it for christmas one year, and so did my grand parents. My Parents forgot to return theres and I found it about 18yrs later under a bunch of boxes.

We have one with controllers and a bunch of games....Are they actually worth much these days ?

As we only use the PS3

if you played it as a kid and have fond memories, you might see value in it later in life. if you sell it now, you may wish you didn't.

i remember just after the launch of the PS2 or so, i used to drag my Sega to school with me (6th grade, free time) and lots of people would say "god i wish i didn't sell mine when PlayStation came out" or "i used to have a Sega, i miss it so much" years after they had gotten rid of theirs.

i will be holding onto my two Genesis units and a small stash of games for as long as i can :)

They days when consoles were like rocks and didn't break just because you looked at them funny :p

Nice find for that price!

Probably better off getting just the controller/usb adapter, Looks better in an emulator with postprocessing anyway not blurry like the orignal but crisp.

He got an original NES brand new condition for 20 bucks, he can now choose to play the games on whatever platform he chooses, if he even wants to play any...

****ing congratulations, personally if it's still in it's plastic wrap I wouldn't open it, worth a ****load in the future....